Basement grow buildout - LED vs HPS DE vs 315w CMH? 7.5’ ceilings

I believe this is everyone’s problem with LED set ups. You need a serious bank roll to pull it off

3 Likes

Sorry missed that. Your in the stone age brother. Didn’t notice you said HPS. My 42" x 42" LED bars each cover a 4x8 space on light movers and draw 819w at the wall. I run veg 24hrs a day and of course bloom 12/12. I run 3 LED bars drawing under 25kw and room is always full 12 mos a year so lights never get a break and my electric bill is under 250mo total for my whole household.

3 Likes

Lmao. Definitely in the Stone Age. But with my yields where they are, it makes it stupid difficult for me to make the jump

3 Likes

Gavita 1700e beat out spydrX.

2 Likes

You didn’t have good things to say about the gavita 1700e either did yah?

Me?

Stupid 5 character

This is why I jumped the mh/hps ship to cmh. Less wattage. 2200 initial investment. Paid back in 1yr of power savings.

1 Like

What do you mean?

2x600mh in veg
3x600hps in flower
800 avg power bills

2x315 veg
4x 315 flower
Now I’m paying 500-600/mo

3 Likes

This is what confused me

I tried to just type in “me”. The stupid 5 character limit wouldnt allow me to just type in me.

2 Likes

@Demontrich before I went with the Grower’s Choice ROI-E680 LED I took a serious look at the Gavita 1700e also. My local grow shop has a couple of them on vegetable starts. The deciding factor for me was at the time the ROI’s were about $400 cheaper but what I liked most was the ROI’s folded for easier access and mobility (if needed)

1 Like

I dont need a light that transforms. I need it to match my current +1.5 gpw
Lol

If I can score 4x 1700e at 900 each, I’ll buy them asap!

My best price I found is cost (1100 each)

3 Likes

Set up a similiar situation for a scaled out veg in a basement very recently. Went with the hps bulbs I had in hand with 1000w de gavitas lights about ,7.5 feet high for a few days. To much light in the tight space Rocked the plants taco leaves everywhere. Had to dial them back to 625 and switch out bulbs to mh. Either dial the 1000 w de down to 625/750 or go cmh. My 2 cents.

1 Like

But when you lower the wattage on a bulb, you sacrifice bulb K (spectrum) as well as bulb life.

1 Like

Come to cali, you’d be in the 3rd tier in under a week and paying i rhink its 17cents per kw id have to look at the bill it might even be more. Now that they overhauled the electric car loophole its back to getting raped.

That’s insane. My old warehouse I was at was
.108/kWh Now at my new place I think I’m at .117/kWh

Yeah, I thought here out east was bad at around 13.3kwh. 17 is crazy!

2 Likes

Ya its not fun and rhey added any acct over 10k a yr is reported if paid in cash. I wish there were more warehouses here its such a pain the ones that do exist never really make back on to the market

If you thought 17 was bad hold on to your seat, latest bill.