Anyone selling isolate or full spectrum to CBD beauty companies?

I think @RockSteady is spot on. Not sure if broad spectrum means thc free but that would make since. Maybe terpene free as well.

Or I could see crude as full spectrum and distillate as broad with or without thc

3 Likes

As in interacts with your biology.

2 Likes

Did you notice if cosmetic manufacturers try to avoid anything that’s been touched by ethanol?

1 Like

@Jaydog Surprisingly no. If there was more information out there written how that demographic likes to learn, on how alcohol is used for extraction, I’m sure they would be more conscientious.
That’s a good question, that I’ll start asking when I talk to them. Thank you

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you

1 Like

After lurking here for over a year and learning as much as I could, I’ve found this statement interesting enough to lure me out of the shadows.
For quite some time I made unrefined crude (yes the type that will make many of you barf at) and in my experience, the results I was seeing with people was nothing short of amazing, whether ingested orally or anally (suppositories).

Perhaps the fats and waxes which we remove when winterizing or avoiding altogether by cold extraction actually assists the FECO/FSCO/RSO (hate the term RSO) to be better absorbed by the body?

4 Likes

@Shockwave That makes sense. A lot of sources of nutrition on this earth, give us so much vitality when their fats are kept intact. Such as whole milk, coconut oil, and fish.
I don’t understand what’s offputting about unrefined? The color is rich like algae or emeralds, correct?

These companies use wording such as “250mg of Broad-spectrum CBD plus synergistic botanical aromas”. It sounds very magical, and a little too good to be true. Most people know the difference between virgin, extra virgin, and regular olive oil. Why isn’t that a term to describe the processing of hemp/cannabis oil?

Chlorophyll is only a tiny bit different than hemoglobin in terms of structure, and is considered a blood builder in herbal medicine- you’ll find that many of the plants phytoconstituients are processed by our bodies into useful tools- we evolved to make the best use of what we consume.

4 Likes

Why would they?

1 Like

Ever consumed an extract high in chlorophyll? It certainly isn’t fun. Makes one sensitive to light, for some people the sensation can literally make their eyes hurt.

So maybe I should have said productively interacts with biology.

I’d love to see a study that shows chlorophyll helps “build blood.”

3 Likes

Alcohol dries the skin out. They’re trying to retain moisture. I’ve heard scientists say cosmetic companies prefer Co2 for that reason but now I’m curious if they test for carbonic acid

2 Likes

Cloryphyll literally builds hemoglobin and this helps to increase oxygen supply in the body.

I study phytopharmacology and herbal medicine and have been working with this stuff for years. Trust me on this.

The structure is nearly identical, cloryphyll is based around magnesium in the center of the molecule while hemoglobin has iron instead.

Here I found a picture for you.

Get yourself a copy of “herbal constituents: foundations of photochemistry” by Lisa Ganora it will really help you get an understanding of the chemistry side of using plant medicines, without all the hippy crap that dilutes the science.

3 Likes

I mean… structural analogy doesn’t mean something is true. I study the pharmacology of drugs quite often, and 2 molecules with nearly identical structures can have vastly different effects on the body.

I suppose I’ll look to see if there’s any proof of this myself.

Edit: Unless my google-fu has failed me, there’s no studies proving chlorophyll builds hemoglobin. There were some studies that showed that it appeared to aid in the process.

If there’s anything @QGA taught me, it’s that without double blind studies proving something, it’s all hippie mumbo jumbo.

8 Likes

High levels of chlorophyll need to be co administered with antioxidants because when UV rays hit chlorophyll it starts to produce lots of free radicals- think about how plants use the stuff- it turns sunlight into sugar. Overexcitement of that chemical change introduces lots of free radicals into the system and that damages cells.

Any plant that produces lots of chlorophyll also produces lots of antioxidant carotenoids specifically to combat this reaction- those are the orange and yellow hues you see the leaves turn in the fall when the plant stops making chlorophyll- names after carrots - the color green overpowers the orange and they’re only seen when plants go dormant.

I agree that structural similarity does not equal identical effects but it does indicate that the chemicals work within similar pathways in living systems.

2 Likes

Believe me, I’m not trying to say you’re wrong. I can think about stuff til I’m blue in the face, and as much sense as I can make of it… doesn’t make it true.

2 Likes

I’m not like musing here this is established factual information.

Pharma has been invested in keeping data about plant medicine down from day one.

I mean this is a forum dedicated to cannabis I’m surprised with its history that you are unaware of that fact.

2 Likes

No need to assume things. I’m more than aware of that fact. Do yourself a favor, if you don’t have a study that proves something is true, don’t cling too tightly to it.

2 Likes

@Jaydog You are so right. Cosmetic products with alcohol, or at least alcohols towards the top of the ingredient list, dry out skin. Most of the time, no one wants this.
It could cost a fortune, but I wonder if an astringent such as “Witch Hazel” could be used for processing instead of isopropyl alcohol and the other solvents used for processing.

1 Like