Anyone had issues with wiring 208V rotos from China?

So to get my wiggly we just need to wire up the neutral as a hot then? Is this kind of final answer?

that red and blue are your hots, green/ylw is the ground

3 Likes

I have assumed this before on chinese equipment and been wrong.

So the are using the Asian colors thatā€™s fine but their label is kinda wrong there is no neutral but are labeling it as such. Power goes to both brown and blue.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. But tell that to touchscienceā€¦ Iā€™m like sooo Iā€™m gonna wire the blue as a hot line thenā€¦ and they go no itā€™s a neutral. So Iā€™ve just stopped listening to them

1 Like

I have some HPS lights that can be 110 or 220. the L is typically ā€œLoadā€ i think, N is Nuetral but can be hot for 220v and green yellow is ground

So blues gonna be my 2nd hot wire then. Suck it touchscience

1 Like

Yeah. Should have been labeled L1 and L2.

1 Like

i have seen that sometimes the wires inside may need to be moved to a different terminal. you might see if you need to do this.

1 Like

I will my electickery wizards take a look and move as necessary

1 Like

I would follow those three wires and see where they lead before you connect them. Does the unit have a wiring diagram on the inside somewhere?

4 Likes

200-208 is one type of voltage. Two legs one ground. . Normally canā€™t ever be used as 110 when you split the leg because its below nominal 55hz. Usually at or above 50. This is used for like high hp three phase generally, even if you split two legs off three legs sits not the same. 200v is common china boards and components.

220-240 is two legs and a ground. It is typically at or around 60hz. It is very very different than 200-208. It is meant to opperate single phase 220 style powered devices. Where as 200-208 is generally made to power three phase applications .

75% of the time a 200-208 device plugged into a 220-240 will be okay if it has a frequency rectifier.

95% of the time when a 220-240 device is plugged into a 200-208 it will cause damage through out time or immediately.

2 Likes

If itā€™s wired to 220 then the sticker is wrong. Take a pic inside on the board. Or the connections to the board.

Love the label. Standard up to standard.

1 Like