Any tools to tighten this

Not bottoming out the tubing is also a major cause of problems. Not inserting to the stop reduces the pressure rating by 50% right off the bat, and can cause the ferrules to not bite properly.

You should be able to make and break those fittings 100+ times without a problem. The other major cause of “wearing out” the fittings happens when the tube isn’t bent nice and concentric with the fitting and there’s tension on it. That can cause galling on the tube and threads, and can raise a burr that fucks up the taper.

Most swagelok distributors do free training. We do in-house certification for anyone that handles those fittings. I once did a consult at a facility that blew a 3" gauge from a CO2 machine literally through the roof of the building because someone flipped the back ferrule and didn’t bottom the tube out :person_facepalming::grimacing:. If you’re having them fail that frequently, a little bit if retraining is a good idea

8 Likes

I am very familiar with how to properly use them. I setup one of the first Apex duplex extractors that had tons of them on them and they never leaked. The issue with them comes from them being taken off and put back on repeatedly for cleaning. They very very rarely needed to come off on the Apex so you could seat them and let them chill and they never leaked. These ones (due to a hot vapor loop not being convenient to do on the x40 without modifications which is extremely expensive/borderline impossible to do legally in my jurisdiction) need to get removed and cleaned all the time because they build up with oil rapidly. After they get taken off a few times and cleaned they can’t handle -70 c butane without leaking.

4 Likes

Toss the hose and replace, inspect the jic valves it’s screwing up to for notches or cross threads even though it looks farther back just in case… regardless new hose is must and

** DO NOT RUN KIKE THIS ITS HIGHLY DANGEROUS…SHUT IT DOWN TILL ITS FIXED**

2 Likes

10-4. Thanks man.

I fixed the videos @WeedThePeople and @SolventDirect_BigM …if this happens to anyone tag me @StoneD in the video…I’ll fix as part my new janitor duty. Did I correct the one above. The problem is I don’t know where all these are and when it’s happening so just tag me I’ll take care of it

3 Likes

Works perfectly! I’ll make sure to point em out to you @StoneD. That’s cool you can fix these now. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know the perfect tool that will completely fix that problem… your computer to order a new hose… works every time

3 Likes

I get 10 a day w the site @sidco showed me…I’ve been going back the the thca pics and vids page fixing all them and just ran outta free fixes

@sidco is there another converter page that’ll let me do the same as the one u showed only has 10 per day and we have tons videos to fix

Maybe I could make a walk thru thread in sitefeedback about how to fix videos that don’t appear? Using screenshot?

2 Likes

Where do you find those at??

Hit up Corlee_Valve_Fitting on IG. Ask for Ryan

1 Like

Holy shit these video edits

1 Like

@moveweight is there an issue or problem…we need feedback I’m following instructions by sidco

I don’t think you have to watermark your work lol

2 Likes

They’re great. Thank you for doing some help!

Just holy shit at how revealing some are

1 Like

Ok good thought u was complaining at first I spent hr or 2 yesterday fixing all the dead ends vids…I’ll go back today and do some more bc it only allows me to do so many a day
They aren’t showing on my phone either so was driving me crazy
:green_heart::facepunch:

1 Like

Didn’t want someone thinking someone else hacked they’re shit

I’ll leave blank from now on

Is that better @raghanded …hard keeping so many pleased