Any thoughts on ACE Spinner vs Delta Separations for cryo-Ethanol extractions?

Our company will be doing cold Ethanol extractions and curious about any feedback on either set-up, pros/cons?

1 Like

I sell the Ace.
It spins harder than the CUP, so you lose less solvent each run. Biomass capacity is essentially identical. We might be able to edge them out in throughput because we spin a little faster…

Other than that, there is price of admission & service. I’m looking to beat delta at both.

If you haven’t already seen our Ethanol Extraction White Paper it’s probably worth your while.

If you need more than 1000lb in an 8hr shift, you should check out HBZ manufacturing. @highestzen is your go to there.

9 Likes

Feel free to give me a call or email (you should already have both, assuming you are who I think you are) if you want to discuss their uses, advantages, disadvantages, etc. We have already done a bit of talking about this before (this is Antonio, by the way), but I am happy to talk more.

1 Like

with the ace you get @cyclopath at the door and the best back office you can wish for

7 Likes

If I were to be buying a fuge of the size that these companies are selling, I’d definitely get an Ace. With that said, I’m biased because they’re nice guys and have said nice things about me in the past.

Delta makes ok equipment on the fuge side of things. Far too overpriced for what it is in my opinion, but that’s just me. Ace is far better value for the money in mind.

5 Likes

ACE all the way, keep it in the family.

5 Likes

Even if you need to process >1k lbs/ shift, I would prefer to have the redundancy of multiple smaller centrifuges than one humongous one. That way if one goes down, it doesn’t stop production entirely.

2 Likes

What are some companies that make smaller models? Thanks

Noting smaller than ace or delta

Delta had a CUP 5 very few made but I agree there should be a smaller fuge for smaller labs.

http://deepaliunited.com/Home/LBC?sType=16
http://deepaliunited.com/Home/LBC?sType=17

I believe @tweedledew is running one of the above.
probably the smaller one.

1 Like

Not the exact same but remarkably similar

1 Like

I want one. I got the pricing from them a couple months ago.

2 Likes