Any Terpene Diluent Products in Europe?

This might be a starting point to see what’s available locally to you. Some of these are available for cosmetics, etc. But, remember, purity and source matters. Also, remember that inhaling something is way different than putting it on your skin and safety is an open question with many things.

3 Likes

Why not just use CBD dist?

4 Likes

Diluent as a whole is bad news.

You could take a cue from the nicotine vape industry and use propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine?

2 Likes

@AgTonik I also feel a little skeptical about the secret blends of different Terpenes Brands, maybe they are perfectly fine, time will tell

@Listen_Up_Sonny The link you send is very nice,Thanks very much!
Yes, i understand that different ROA requires different purity, a lot of ‘‘Food Grade’’ or Cosmetic grade stuff is much impurer than Vapeable stuff, Thanks

@NewLevelProcess I am also doing test with that, i have some crystal resistant cbd and is pretty runny.

@AgTonik I believed than Diluent is like a ‘‘standard’’ of big part of the industry? (i understand that if is even the case it does not mean that is the healthiest choice)
Propylene Glycol, even in 2% change A LOT the flavour, and VG have a very poor solubility (for a cart) of cannabinoids (in my experience). Also make the oil Cloudy.
Thanks

Thanks all for your answer, i Think i will try my own ‘‘Low odor’’ Terpene blend.
For a winter mix I usually put 5-6% of terpenes, and now with summer mix 4.5% is enough, but for some people is too much flavor, maybe there are more sensitive people to terpenes.
I think i will try a little more of terpenes +CRD cbd+ some isolate Terpene.
Thanks Guys, i will keep you updated about my experiments.

PS: I just read the info in the True Blue web and is very surprising how straight and honest is the info in the article ,usually brands threat you like child or have no problems in lying .

PS2: I will look to try some CBD and CBT, I already know that they are use in CBD ditillate to avoid crystallization but i did not think about then as thinners. Thanks @stoopkid
Source: Health Canada releases canopy growth report on phytol as a diluent

1 Like

Terpenelab in Netherlands

2 Likes

Thanks,they look affordable their Strain Profiles.

1 Like

UPDATE 1: It seems that using Limonene around 1% helps as thinner ,the smell is more citric but it fit with several Strain Profiles.
Also use Crystal Resistant CBD Preparations in 5 to 10% really improves the fluidity of the oil, I assume because the Minors they use (CBC,CBT,CBE…) have lower ''fusion ‘’ temeperature, and are more liquid at room temperature. I will update when i make blends with other terpenes.

1 Like

Thanks , your help is invaluable as always
They don’t have the odorless mix listed on web but if you ask them by mail, they sell it around 8€/ml
They also have different kind of terpenes, very usefull

1 Like

@mrkovak very useful thread here
Future4200 Diluent Thread

1-3 Propanediol is plant based and may work for you, but low/negligible taste terpenes are common too in these products but yes they are spendy

Blockquote
I need to use some odorless diluent to reduce the viscosity of some Cartridge Oil.
I usually go to a little more of Terpenes but one customer does not want more flavor.
I am looking for a PEG,PG,MCT or any other Lipid Free product.

1 Like

Floraplex will ship to UK i thought

Also look for cbc…these diluents are only use at 1-3% what i belive not to cut it bc thats jot enough for cut but keep the thick oil flowing in the cell better giving u a better taste

I also think it allows u to taste the flavora better

Hell give me 100 plus shipping and cost of product ill mail it to u there no thc

1 Like

This is an interesting article in the journal Nature about 1-3 propanediol (derived from corn not petrochemicals) as substitute for the PG/VG typically used :face_vomiting: in many poor quality vape products. Might be worth a look.

Title of the article is
“ Physical and chemical assessment of 1,3 Propanediol as a potential substitute of propylene glycol in refill liquid for electronic cigarettes”

2 Likes

Future4200 Diluent Thread

Thanks very much @MarKen , i think i already checked,at least partially.
Thanks @StoneD , there are a lot of very nice and usefull products are difficult to get outside US.

I will check the 1-3-Propanediol,is pretty interesting, it seems that is used in lotions and cosmetics. My main Doubt is the flavour, because with Propilene glycol or glicerine, even a 1% totally changes the flavour. But can be usefull in some context.
Here is the article:

Electronic cigarette has the potential to serve as a tobacco cessation aid if the prerequisites which are safety and efficacy in term of nicotine delivery are achieved. The nicotine-based liquids are mainly composed by propylene glycol and glycerol playing the important role of airborne carriers. 1,3 propanediol is proposed as a propylene glycol substitute to potentially improve the thermal stability, nicotine delivery and to decrease inhaled flavors concentrations. We have implemented various thermal, physicochemical and computational methods to evaluate the use of 1,3 propanediol as a substitute (or additional ingredient) to propylene glycol in e-liquids compositions. Our results indicate that 1,3 propanediol is stable upon heating when electronic cigarette are used in recommended conditions. We demonstrate that 1,3 propanediol gave better thermic profile compared to propylene glycol and glycerol, showing less thermal decomposition by-products. In addition, 1,3 propanediol gives to nicotine a more basic environment ensuring a high level of free base nicotine form. We have also established a quantum mechanical based computational method to validate e-liquids as flavor enhancer. Our findings showed that globally 1,3 propanediol seems to have better flavoring properties than glycerol and propylene glycol. Finally, 1,3 propanediol seems to induce quite similar aerodynamic properties compared to propylene glycol and glycerol.

SOURCE:

I’ve tried it to complement terpenes (around 6-7%) and added like 2-3% max to get viscosity just right and it’s worked really well. But I homogenized it well with unidrive x1000 and g20v shaft with stand and clamp all bought from
http://www.cat-ing.de/

It does not add a ‘‘sweet’’ flavour like PG?
6-7% of terpenes + 2-3% of Propaneidol is your Winter mix? Or is a batch for a Cold climate? (10ºC-0ºC?)
My market now is a summer mix (35ºC minimum), so now with 4-5% of terpenes is enough fluid.
In winter i use to go for 5.5 % terpenes.
Nice hardware, have you try a cheaper -smaller homogenizer?

1 Like

Yes winter
Summer certainly less
No, just tried this machine and it works well. Cost around 600 I think but it’s a bit surplus in power for sure unless for very large batches

Sorry my ignorance but, what advantages have you seen to use the homogenizer over a stirrer?
Thanks

Homogeneity?

Maybe start with: How do you Homogenize?

3 Likes

I never knew people in cold climates had to change their cart formulation depending on season. Sounds silly, like if you don’t finish your summer cart before it gets cold, you have to wait until late spring or it clogs and doesn’t taste right or something?

I’ll stay in the desert, thank you. 360 days of sun a year

2 Likes

@cyclopath Thanks very much i Should have checked before.

@EHO_AZ Hahaha, the hibernating carts, like Yogui Bear :laughing:

In my experience is not like you have to wait until spring, is just you will have more problems with clogging , also in the majority of button batteries you have Pre heat mode,so you can solve pretty much the problem.
As long is understand, if you use a Summer Mix in Winter, you will have a very thick mix, and if you use a Winter mix in summer, you will have a too runny mix and maybe an overwhelming potency of terpenes.
Of course it depends a lot of each formulation and the differential of Temperature.

I am sure that some expert will have more info about this :smiley: