Any members in the Medford area?

Ask if they’d be willing to meet me in mt shasta city…thats basically halfway from where I am.

4 Likes

That’s a 2 hour drive for me (each way). If you can’t find someone, I can likely make that happen for you. May even be able to wrangle @cyclopath to keeping me company on the drive.

13 Likes

That sounds like the perfect crew to send in your stead to buy a piece of analytical equipment @Killa12345🤙

12 Likes

I know there are quite a few (likely very respectable) members in the Medford area. It’s just a matter of whether any of them feel like helping out.

4 Likes

I know. I don’t wanna put anyone out. Just trying to catch a deal on something I’ve wanted for a while.

Most of my lab equipment is sold. Now time to make this dream come true and really start sampling all the different concentrates in the hood.

10 Likes

Edit: see some quality people nearby willing. I got some fam in the woods too. Lmk if you haven’t figured out. Flights are cheap.

1 Like

This is on the correct coast for you: just sayin, could hop on the “open source” Varian bandwagon with me and @Cassin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Varian-CP-3800-GC/154288225576?epid=1919339875&hash=item23ec4b7d28:g:7rAAAOSw~5Rf~LOW

7 Likes

Go on about this “open source” talk …

5 Likes

Exactly. That thing is $400. Tell me more. I’m down to invest what I need to do.

4 Likes

Start here: I bought a thing!: Adventures with a 20-year-old GCMS

1 Like

This might cost me more than the Sri by the time I’m done. We have @srihugh1 here if I run into problems with the 310.

As much as I’d like a cheaper testing option. I just want something simple and ready to use tomorrow.

3 Likes

For sure understood. The 3800 with an autosampler is a little bit more of a “big boy” option but I’m hoping to make it a really easy option for people in the future when I get mine fired up. In the meantime, it sounds like you can’t go wrong with SRI (especially since @srihugh1 is a wealth of knowledge)

4 Likes

Yeah. After reading your thread. I don’t wanna get over my head and have a big paper weight. I’ve watched enough Sri videos I think is easy enough for a dummy like me.

Dude is taking 50% of a new unit. I really just wanna do cannabinoid testing. Nothing else I’m really interested in.

3 Likes

open sourcing a GC would be worth crowdfunding a reward for IMO

2 Likes

it’s called MoM lol. Just kidding.

IMO I’m doing the work anyways and this industry could always do with more testing

1 Like

I’m buying this for me and my homies to make sure we are buying what is being advertised.

How many customers do you know that want to buy a gc to test their head stash. If that don’t tell you how serious I take my head stash. I don’t know what will.

3 Likes

I wish there were more. I also wish the label claims were worth the paper they printed them on in this industry and you didn’t have to buy a GC to know what you’re smoking lol

2 Likes

This is what’s its come down to and if I’m gonna be spending 1000s a month of concentrates to smoke. I think a few thousand is worth making sure it is what it is.

It’s sucks and when I was 18 I didn’t give as much fucks but now I’m older I’m more concerned.

3 Likes

Makes sense, hell people are buying $4-5k induction dab rigs, a GC makes a lot of sense to me. Super cool!

4 Likes

I think it’s a great idea. I’m happy to help @Killa12345 . I live in Ashland 15 minutes from Medford. I come down to Shasta regularly also(because someone mentioned Shasta).

1 Like