Alternate solvent extraction

Thank you! Was confused by their usage of gas when they said they used heat and gas to extract possibly I read it wrong. But I assume they where trying to get at using heat to turn thc into gaseous form and recondenseing.

hair more to it than that I suspect, but that is certainly the general idea.

Thanks for sharing this thread! As several people on that discussion point out, it can be difficult and messy to distill solids, and the yields are often low. We put 5 years and a few million dollars into R&D to produce a commercially viable system design that could scale. Our systems now extract over 90% of cannabinoids and a full terpene profile.

This process essentially skips over the crude oil step entirely - we move straight to full spectrum distillate. The oil straight out of the system is wax-free, over 85% cannabinoid content, and ready for consumption.

2 Likes

We refer to the process as Solid Phase Distillation - cyclopath’s thread was a good overview of the basic concept. When we’re referring to gas, we’re talking about producing a non-oxidizing environment. This system is not a giant vaporizer - we don’t want to pre-smoke it for you. We eliminate oxygen to gently remove the terps and cannabinoids and collect them without any oxidation or degradation.

3 Likes

So, sans O2. No mixed aerosols?
Or sans O2, prestep remove H20/CO2 vac assist-purge…then no mixed aerosols

Then fractional distillate @ f(temp/pressure)…