Air in CLS

:rofl: first hit.

that was the all knowing G.

not I

2 Likes

Did you hear thatā€¦? It was Rudolf Diesel rolling over and over and over in his grave lol! Probably something about butaneā€¦:grin:
Edit:
Now I need a hemp oil burning vehicle!

4 Likes

I can hook you up thereā€¦

Iā€™ve gone electric, and Iā€™m just about done with my fleet of wvo mercedes.

the one that still drives has 350k on it. paid $1000 for almost 100 thousand miles ago. first one to die had 300k on it when it came in the door with a broken odometer. math says we probably put at least another 200k on it over ten years. cost me $100.

given that I treat them like some folks here treat their recovery pumps, you might want to find a vehicle and invite me over to help convert it.

edit: how is this relevant? Because you can take something as ā€œflammableā€ as vegetable oil, mix it with air, and compress it, and it will go bang! proof? 300,000+ miles doing just that!

5 Likes

I really hate the fact that I let VW buy back my diesel cars. They really were the best cars Iā€™ve ever owned.

I made a lot of money on the buybacks but now I miss my cars that would get 700 miles to the tank. Not rich enough to afford a Tesla yet but Iā€™m hoping VW cheaper electric vechicles make it cheaper to own one of these cars.

4 Likes

shoot, id love to do an ev conversion once I have some time! You ever see those zero motercycles? https://www.zeromotorcycles.com
Probably overpriced, nevertheless cool!

2 Likes

Super cool. I personally like turbocharged gsx-rsā€™ but those 200mph dAys are long behind me.

5 Likes

So maybe youā€™re wondering what I ended up doing, or maybe not. Either way, I ended up following @Concentrated_humbold 's simple approach. Turned the tank upside down, left for the night, came back in the morning and bled the tank until the gas escaping was a gentle stream and thick miscing lines were present. lost some butane, but as you all know, butane evaporating is a highly endothermic process, and the tank cooled itself, essentially keeping most of the butane liquid. As for moisture, I think Iā€™ll just distill my solvent today with some fresh desiccant beads. Thanks for the help future4200 community. In the near future, probably going to get a ā€˜y valveā€™ for my tanks, as suggested by @Killa12345, unless a recovery tank has other differences besides that valveā€¦ if such is the case please inform me and iā€™ll just get the whole recovery tank setup.

With age comes the cage

1 Like

What size tank do you have? I have a couple around my facility that I can probably part with. A jacketed one with a coil and a standard stainless one.

2 Likes

Ball valves leak under cold temps. Its just what they do, Do you know the steps to take to fix a leaking ball valve? You can blame the extraction company all you want but understanding how ball valves work will save you a lot of time and headache

6 Likes

Thanks, , iā€™ll youtube it. any good resources you suggest for the topic?