Ab 45 cali fucks hemp farmers again

I think you’re correct, they are restricting smokeable products combined with tobacco/nicotine.

1 Like

I think your incorrect but I don’t fully comprehend this legal jargon.

I think it bans all smokable

That’s some major bs if so…

The people that forwarded it to me grow a lot of smokeable in greenhouses and I’m sure they lawyered it…

1 Like

Sounds like a fight is brewing…

https://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/regulatory/its-official-california-legalizes-cbd-not-delta-8-thc

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Nah @Cassin is correct this part is specifically about not being allowed to mix inudstrial hemp products with tobacco, alcohol, or other things that would usually be obviously dumb ideas.

If it was against all inhalables it wouldnt have this other section that I talked about yesterday when I posted about the bill.

Article 10. Inhalable Products

Inhalable products shall not be sold to consumers under 21 years of age.

A hemp manufacturer who produces inhalable products shall comply with this chapter and, to the extent applicable, with the provisions of this part.

An inhalable product shall not contain any of the following:
(a) Flavorings other than natural terpenes.
(b) Polyethylene glycol (PEG).
(c) Vitamin E acetate.
(d) Medium chain triglycerides (MCT oil).
(e) Squalene or squalane.
(f) Any other substance that the department finds to be a danger to public health.

They wouldnt have a inhalable products section and say not to sell them to under 21 people if they were all banned.

4 Likes

they are banned till they enact a tax and cbd products will only be able to be sold in dispos

Metric cbd plants? Sounds like there may be a supply chain disruption.

2 Likes

Yeah, like fucking everywhere! What fuck? I guess I’ll read the thread since I can’t sleep and I’m actually curious

I think its appropriate that they are only banned for sale to consumers in the state. That does not mean that they are banned for growing or processing for export to other states.

Looks like its not METRC plants - its a chain of custody supply into METRC facilities (we have the same thing in Michigan, sort of…)

So you know - not as completely dire as one might expect AND its created the framework to allow continued production as the Feds crack down (FDA has no to CBD products and other cannabis derivatives since 2018 you know… and are saying no more forcibly as time goes by).

If its part of a state only program that meets the needs of the USDA (aka Farm Bill) and circumvents the FDA interstate commerce rules. Sort of like some states allowing raw milk and others not allowing it… x.X

The taxation will probably pass next session - its been in the works for a while. If there’s one thing that Californians cannot go without is tax law for all the things.

And it now allows CBD to go into everything that isn’t an inhalant - which I think is pretty darn awesome. Since that was not allowed / gray zone for so long now, you know? Bring on the gummies and beverages and topicals and suppositories for everyone!

4 Likes

I feel you but it also made d8, d10 and cbn presumably illegal and not hemp

I didnt read anything that says this in the rules.

I read that d8 and d10 will be moved to the regulated market,but still allowed. And inhalants to be allowed after taxes are back.

CBN is not on the same list unless you think the department is going to say it gets people high?

They mean fully synthetic not derivatives – that’s aligned with their state CSA.

2 Likes