50L roto vap assembly questions

Look like to me u won’t be able to dump the. Collection ball without cutting vscume off

2 Likes

If tpu dont break vac, it bubbles and sucks the etoh backnup into the condenser.

I time mine correctly now. I’m only down 1.5 mins from break vac, fill rotoball, drain collected etoh, start back, and back to evaping.

150 gallons so far. My newbie status is long gone now.

5 Likes

China made, but from us. Supplier has been around for years, sells to labs and universities all over the us. When I purchased it, it was in the process of being registered or listed it whatever and didn’t know it. I needed to know some specs and when I called my guy he apologized about no manual and then sent it with a ul sticker. That little shiney sticker must be expensive because the roto jumped in cost significantly afterwards lol

2 Likes

It’s not UL, if they “just sent you a sticker”

3 Likes

Yes it is, the sticker says so. Also has 5 more horsepower cause of it.

2 Likes

The company has to be domestic. For UL to work here you need to have a USA presence and then carry specific liability and injury insurance and all kinds of stuff. I have been working with UL, I can send you thier requirement sheets. There’s like .0001% of any over seas china company can carry a ul cert.

What happened now likely is they sourced a ul part and resold it to you. Then got a “iffy” sticker. I mean I’m just guessing. Just saying turns out all those people making certificate claims over seas last few years turned out not one of them actually had any of those certs. Literally not one. Most of them had financial and quality issues, so they closed down shop and made a new name, got shinier bolts and continued selling same stuff under new names. It’s a circular pattern if you ask me.

Once you become UL, you can’t change pumps, controllers, screws, rivets, stickers, none of that.

It has to leave UL cert. There’s one cert that allows you to send UL parts but that costs five times as much as a regular UL. And that’s mostly for upgrading out of date and unsafe structural and installed hardware that can’t be easily replaced.

Who is your vendor?

Great write-up but yes I’m aware, my sarcasm must not have been thick enough, lol. It is a us company like I stated, their customers are John’s Hopkins, UCLA, coca cola, Exxon, 3m, just to name a few.

Send me a dm, I don’t want them getting negative flack for helping me out.

1 Like

That only pertains to ricer “race” cars.

Where I can buy it?

5l no this one, capacity above 10L has it

Generally, the rotary evaporator has three sets of bottles, they are connected by buckles and sealed with PTFE

5L not include this function, above 10L has