1st attempt CRC and Sauce Tek FAIL need help

W1 is worth the purchase if your not seasoned with multiple adsorbents, their quantities and how that effects your extracts specific color

The nice thing about W1 is the terps are untouched. I have a x10 and I only run W1 in 4"x10" CRC from @Killa12345 with both 5 and 1um filters.

The thing here is you dont like the color … so put your batch back into the collection, squirt it with tane, set the heat to 30c with all valves closed until its dissolved and then push it thru your dewax and CRC again with fresh media and I think youll be happier with the results

Good luck!

EDIT: just realized this post is old lol

11 Likes

Also noticed it was an old post, I feel bad nobody replied to the OP lol. Not a bad looking run, nice formation at least. Best guess is that it just channeled. Number 1 culprit when the non-CRC looks the same as the polished material. Especially with a 4" diameter column

6 Likes

Looks fire to me.
I know you are going for a different shade but it looks good from my house!

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I feel bad when I see these unanswered posts too (especially when the poster takes time to describe details) but on the other hand the info is in other threads, it’s just buried and not always readily available

Putting the extract back in the loop to get the color you want is really not something everyone realizes is an option so I hope that solution helps somebody reading this thread later. I myself got that tip from diving thru a few threads on here and said to myself “why didn’t I think of that”

Gotta love this place, Leveling up together!

:call_me_hand:

14 Likes

How much w1 per # do you recommend using?

1 Like

Depends on the bio you’re running

I know you’re asking someone else but I’m gonna throw my 2 cents out here…

W1 ratio like @FicklePickle said it depends on the bio…

What I do is…

On really good bio or FF i usually do 50g per # … that gets me that nice golden yellow almost neon if that makes sense…

If you want white but still have terps
If it’s still good bio bump it up to 75-100g/#

It really is a little trial and error… I say start at 50g/# and go from there… log your results

W1 for good
B80 for everything else​:+1::+1:

But there are many on here who are leaps and bounds smarter than I… :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging: So take it for what it worth I guess

Hope it helps

6 Likes

I can pull good oil from any bio that has good terps. If the bag has a nose it’ll make great extracts. The problem really comes down to yield, some could yield 12% some could yield 25% and those would require vastly different volumes of media…

The best thing about w1 is that if you go to hard on the powder the terps are still right there. B80 isn’t as forgiving in regards to over doing it with the ole magic dirt

6 Likes

What size sintered disc are you using?

On my new rig which is in pieces at the moment still, I have a 1um sintered filter followed by .22um cartridge filter.

On a crc I recommend always using paper above any sintered disc. For longevities sake

9 Likes

I don’t CRC I don’t redissolve and I run on a passive closed loop. When it comes to sauce I’ve came to a singular conclusion that the longer with lower heat you purge your sauce the better it comes out. If you try to rush sauce you’ll never find the terpene profiles you disire. And I’ve grown some epic diamonds that had absolute garbage for sauce & ended up with a small amount of diamonds & fire sauce. It’s really trial and error to get the sauce perfect I’d try bipassing the CRC with good indoor freshfrzn & see what you come up with.
NOW MY QUESTION :question::question::question:
DOES all sauce terp out after a certain amount of time or under certain circumstances? I have a hard time keeping sauce from terping out or sugaring out. What can help prolong sauces viscosity before it starts to sugar?

1 Like

You want a thick sauce? I don’t get it. Mix some d9 in there?

2 Likes

If your sauce turns to sugar, you weren’t done crystallizing your thca yet.

Not certain you’re using “viscosity” correctly either (nor certain you’re not)

Honey is viscous, water is not. terpenes are low viscosity, “sauce” should be too.

If you don’t want THCA to crystallize make sure there is none.

Can you suggest one guaranteed method for making sure there IS no THCA in your sauce?

1 Like

Transfer it from one flask to another by phase change and you’ll certainly not have any thca in the receiving flask.

3 Likes

Yep, that would do it :rofl::joy::rofl:

Thank you for leaving the lower hanging fruit for @Tobias

@Tobias: you see it?!?

It’s included in @thesk8nmidget’s strategy

Cold crash, decant . Repeat

2 Likes

I couldn’t
I decanted
I can!!

Yep, that is a solid regimen. Probably the most appropriate.

Not the one I’m suggesting @Tobias should look for (again appreciated).

:shushing_face:

2 Likes

So you recanted your lack of decanting and then you could!

2 Likes

Keeping it at a warmer temperature when stored also seems to help. Plus I probably could centrafige longer.

it generates CO2…

so what does storing warmer DO?

does it help you with the goal of crystalizing as much THCA as possible?

see: Application of temperature cycling for crystal quality control during crystallization

2 Likes