YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

https://www.researchgate.net/post/How_to_detemine_the_pore_size_of_any_membrane_from_its_molecular_weight_cut_off

I found a few articles that stated this formula. But don’t know if this is necessarily the same thing. Me not smrt enuf.

1 Like

I think there’s our answer!

Then from nm to um, so .3-.9 um??? That translates to .9 micron on the high end?

Anyone who knows more than I do, which is a bunch of you lol, care to correct me if I’m wrong?

6 Likes

Dang that’s pretty fine from my perspective. Will that work properly with the terps? lol

2 Likes

How about these things? They appear to be reusable, are PTFE and claim 0.45um (also available in 0.22um). I just cant get a clear picture of the frit if there is one. Can anyone offer any insight based on the link?

I’m looking to separate waxes from CO2 terpene fractions. I’ve been using a syringe pump with a 0.45um filter and while it works well, it is unbelievably slow.

4 Likes

I think the tube itself is pp, then you can chose what material the frit is made of?

CTF-PT045-03 is the .45um ptfe frit

CTF-PP045-03 is the .45um pp frit, etc

I think anyway, according to their brochure.

4 Likes

I suspect both the 0.45um and 100k Dalton filters will be pretty slow.

Not because anything in your terp fraction won’t go through, but because there just isn’t a whole lot of open area in a membrane with those retention characteristics.

How about a tri-clamp spool (1”x2” for the at home folks) a 150mesh screen gasket, and a second spool?

Load in on end, cap it off, the swing it around on a string over your head like they coming to take you away?

:joy:

Getting reusable tubes machined for the fuge of your choice, or using a perforated basket fuge instead are solid solutions for the more production oriented.

Only The Strong sauce tek - #318 by cyclopath

15 Likes

Could you use pressure instead if you didn’t feel like scaring the bejeezus outta the SO?

Edit: I assume not vac because it’d evaporate the terps.

Possibly… it won’t work as well as a real fuge.

It might work better that the deadly weapon described above.

Seems like high probability of “some success”, low probability of it becoming your go to.

Can’t hurt to try it right?

(I’ve come up with at least three really dumb ways of doing that faster than I can type any of them…some involve glass jars :shushing_face:)

4 Likes

I might for s&g, I get a decent enough terp fraction and pour em a little warm where my crystals are mostly clean.

But this thread piqued my curiosity awhile ago.

I can probably just do a cold solvent wash nowadays to get purdy stones.

2 Likes

Maybe get some of these tubes, pop the frit out and drop one of yoc’s in there? Probably have to sand it down, that would work for this if they have a bigger pore size. Maybe?

1 Like

Totally and the issue with ops tubes are they don’t have enough room to fit more then say 20ish grams before the terp faction reaches the thca fraction

5 Likes

That ultimately depends on how well strained your diamonds in the first place. Although thats a good point. Have you used this specific setup or tubes? I was interested but that makes me not want ot so much

1 Like

Yes I have, but I am interested in playing with finer micron rating then op’s I know for a fact that there very small thca pieces making its way through, the “terp” faction is very thick and is more like a gel
Then syrup consistency, I will be ordering the tubes above and giving them spin :wink: and tell y’all how they go

4 Likes

Oh shit those are cheaper then then the tubes I’ve been using :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:->>>>> my wallet

1 Like

How long do you have to spin em in the fuge to get clean? How many rpms? Pics???

I max that bitch out and run it for while… haven’t timed it because each one is different I’ll get an average here in the next days

3 Likes

Or…
The bicyclefuge?

4 Likes

I’ve threatened to make one of those for a while.
it’s gonna have to happen at some point.

@Xtractek actually handed me a brand new, disassembled panda a month or so ago.

I haven’t looked hard at the problem yet, but getting the speeds I want is probably going to take more gearing than the blenders and generators I’ve built in the past.

might have to wait till an appropriate gearbox falls from the sky in my vicinity :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

My god thank you for posting this… I’ve been searching high and low for that specifically.

4 Likes

What do you all think the largest* micron for the fritted disc is safe to get away with. The difference between .45um and .01um is $100 on a 24 pack of tubes

2 Likes