YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

YOC DIRTY DIAMONDS TEK
we first released this tek April 2019 at Hash Bash 2019, here it is for anyone who missed it
MECHANICALLY SEPARATED THCA .
PRE-NUCLEATED MATERIAL:
load the fritted separation tubes with nucleated material, be sure to weigh each tube out equally to balance the weight, otherwise you will offset the centrifuges balance.
Due to the speed of the centrifuge, A solvent is not required.
use the 4,000rpm VIKING GLASSWORX lab centrifuge and fritted separation tubes to separate the sugar from the sauce.
average separation time is 1-2 hours
You can then recrystalize granules to larger diamonds in a hydrocarbon solvent or use as is :muscle:

QUICK NUCLEATION:
you can quickly nucleate any form of extract including crude by dissolving it in pentane, 10% by volume seems to work fine (more dense extracts may need a bit more) pentane is easily removed via vacuum
put into a covered pyrex dish and place on a digital heat mat or lab oven at 89f for 24-72 hours.
Please note, a solvent is not required if the solution is already nucleated, pentane is just used to assist and rush nucleation.
the centrifuge can also dry larger diamonds without a solvent

6 site 50M 4,000rpm VIKING GLASSWORX Lab Centrifuge - 1 year warranty -
Fritted Separation Tubes - $10 - made for 1 time use (tip: if you heat the tubes, you can pop out the frit, clean and replace the frit and get about 3 uses out of them)
72" x 22" digital nucleation heat pads with PID and dual heating - $500
Lab Grade Pentane - available in 1 gallon and 5 gallons (call for prices)

www.instagram.com/vikinglabsupply
10975 hi tech Whitmore Lake Michigan 734-905-7477

56 Likes

Interesting

4 Likes

Hey guys! Love your product but I don’t like the idea of using such a micro scale tool. Please make a bigger one without disposable frit. Not trying to hate I just want to process batches of 2 L at a time

I used a panda to do the same thing, but failed because all I had was a 6 inch reducer. The panda can handle a 4 inch reducer safely.

6 Likes

works good but you guys need to make the tubes reusable. Like these

18 Likes

the one time use ones are a pain to cut and are a waste for only one use

6 Likes

You can get about 3 uses if you use heat and pop it out and pop it back in, we have prototype’s of those other styles and have not found a ilter media that works the way we need it to

2 Likes

Are they plastic? How about leaching from terpenes

5 Likes

ok gotcha why don’t you have that company just have make a fritted disc that will fit in the insert. the ones i have work but not well cause the micron is too small i think. but the inserts work

Are there plastics that don’t have this issue? Wanted to get a friend to 3d print something for me lol

1 Like

the ones i got are ptfe

4 Likes

Ptfe aka teflon

do you know what size micron the frit is?

just sanded down one of your frits and it fits perfect in the reusable ones just make them like this and they should work even better

16 Likes

you’re only running for an hour, i highly doubt it would breakdown the polypropylene in that short of time.

1 Like

Aromatic Hydrocarbons D-Severe Effect

https://www.calpaclab.com/polypropylene-chemical-compatibility-chart/

Turpentine D-Severe Effect

9 Likes

"Ratings of chemical behavior listed in this chart apply at a 48-hr exposure period. "

I Doubt one hour would affect it but, I have no scientific data. a test would be nice, who do you recommend for a full spec analysis?

It said orange oil was ok and orange oil is like 95% d limonene.

2 Likes

It isn’t a rated micron, it is a filter media. That’s straight from the manufactures mouth

3 Likes

Yes, this is the solution. Then you can get the sauce out without cutting the tube apart. What is the ID of that tube insert? I bet a perfectly sized frit could be sourced. Then all you need is a cheap bench fuge and your in biz.

1 Like

Do you have a link to the ptfe filter-fuge tubes?