CBD: 135℃ first pass, 155℃ second pass

The temperature of internal condenser:

55℃ first pass, 65℃ second pass

The temperature of external condenser:

-25℃

The temperature of cold trap:

-60℃ (A lower temperature is better)

2 Likes

You need to run the feed temp WAY higher, theres no way you’re going to distill all the cannabinoids out of the crude 2nd pass at those temps on the glass model. I’d do atleast 110c, and this is from my personal experience running the glass model on 2 seperate occasions. I think the temp on your cbd 2nd pass is low too we did 170c 2nd pass for CBD.

3 Likes

Give him a break, it’s his first time …

1 Like

It doesn’t seem too unreasonable to me. Depends on feed rate of course.

2 Likes

Im guessing he threw this post to fish for better parameters so he can adjust his manual. He looks affiliated to the company and I don’t think he is pumping stilly in China

2 Likes

Our engineers help our customers to run our equipment on site, and then collect these parameters. However, our customers’ crude oil is different, these parameters are not applicable to all customers, just for reference.

Interesting. Youre sendiing an engineer from china to the USA to help run the equipment initially? I just cant see how an engineer having minimal hours running the machine can explain how to do it. It takes product for trial and error unless you have a process engineer with speciality on Fluid mechanics and thermo. Slightest change in parameters will affect your final results. You should figure out a standard on how to prep the crude to have consistent results. I’m not knocking you. I’m just tired of companies pumping gear out and they don’t even understand it especially for the price tags.

Actually we have a distributor in the US who can send the engineers to help our customers run the machines till they can run it by themselves and get the distillate oil.

1 Like

I think you mean technician comes out to show how to use your product. That’s fair enough the disturber also keeps technicians around for this. You said you collected data so can we please see the lab testing results of cannabinoids from your given parameters or was this just the good ole eye approval test?!

Your cold trap you said keep lower than -60. I use liquid nitrogen as my refrigerant and colder isn’t always better bc you are capturing liquids that will freeze on contact and eventually block your chamber. Than we know what happens after this point or should.

%E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20190704134351

1 Like

Please follow my instagram @yhchem.

1 Like

Bottom one is from our stainless @Kingofthekush420 @Juice311

3 Likes

It works great , I set it up in literally 30minutes from the shipping crate. Most companies don’t go this far on parameters with scientific equipment unless you pay them. IP is typically up to the purchaser. Cannabis industry likes to have its hand held

To be clear though, none of the parameters he listed are what we use. Especially for stainless, they are a great starting point for the glass though

1 Like

Theres no way with his feed temp at 80c hes going to fully distill all the cannabinoids out by the bottom. I’ve ran 2 of these and the minimum I run the feed at is 110

1 Like

Heres what my VTA does

2 Likes

Running CBD. That was 50% crude, one distillation pass. Good job being offensive for no reason. :man_facepalming:t2:

Your obviously superior in every way.

1 Like

Lol 92% on even a chinese wiper is nothing to be proud of. A wiper is supposed to out perform an SPD, obviously it’s not being run correctly if you’re doing 1 distillation pass and hitting that purity. I do the same thing and hit over 99% EVERYTIME. This is the difference in correct parameters and the ones like yhchem listed :wink:

2 Likes

I said I don’t run their parameters. Show a Cbd result showing the same thing, you’d be a solid white crystal in the flask.

1 Like

Pure CBD isnt going to crystallize on itself after distillation, not sure why youd think that. If you crash it in some solvent it will, or give it enough time it will.