Wondering if it's possible to add canna terps to nic salt solution

Just like the title says, I know some of you have experience formulating nic salt formulations. I’m kind of interested in making something just for myself because I am currently quitting smoking and using a vape pod device. We have some really fire terps from Humboldt seats, and I would like try and put it in a nic solution if possible.

3 Likes

Absolutely. I use “natural” and artificial flavorings all the time. I use free base and salts with no issue.

1 Like

If it’s all VG then I doubt it would stay homogenized, you’d need to add the pg

2 Likes

A 75/25 vg/pg blend should be enough to absorb the terps to allow for homogenization, may be able to get it lower but ehh 75/25 good enough for an rda I don’t need that extra little bit of vapor production

Since you’re using a pod mod I’d recommend using closer to a 50/50 so it’d be able to flow, I don’t go above a 60/40 in pod mods.

1 Like

So do I have make the nic salt solution myself, or can it be bought unflavored etc? I’ve a read a bit on the processes, and just wondering if I actually have to create the salts by adding acid etc…

Honestly, I’m not looking to do major lab work. However I can if needed. Just kind of interested in it because it could really be something for the masses, or at least us weed people

2 Likes

Are they the clear or white?

1 Like

You can buy the salts from most vape stores that do inhouse blends, sometimes they refuse but most are happy to order you a bottle or sell you one of theirs if they got extras.

Pretty sure ya have to have a TRL (tobacco retail license) in order to buy it online nowadays, I haven’t mixed juices in a while.

You would just need the nicotine salts (freebase is fine but harsher at lower doses) then you could find the vg, pg, and other vape flavors (if desired) elsewhere but if the shop is nice and not taxing I’d just get it in one trip.

1 Like

Here’s a basic step by step, there’s lil tricks and stuff you’ll find on flavor forums and shit lemme see if I can find the one I used to follow

Edit: @Capttripppp this is the forum I was thinking of, lurked for years on the site and I’ve only tried less than 1% of the shot posted.

Great resource to get idea for flavors, they have some built in calculators, and each juice that’s posted has embedded links to each of the flavors used to create it so it’s a really easy way to get a catalog of vape flavors that have a history of enjoyment in one site.

2 Likes

Clear, some steam derived

1 Like

Fuck yes! Thank you so much Bro! I really appreciate the help!

1 Like

Anytime man, I don’t consider myself anything close to well versed in making juice but it’s not anything difficult.

The most difficult part is flavor formulation, everything else is basic math and knowing how to weigh ingredients.

There also tons of formulation calculators so don’t even worry about trying to do the math.

If you can flavor disty for a cart you should have no problem making ejuice.

1 Like

Yeah I was going to start with the same ratios anyway. But I’m happy it can be done because I’m having such a problem trying to find something that is consistently usable for me. Maybe it’s just me… But I have to quit smoking! Not that vaping is better, but it isn’t a Marlboros!

Been noticing a difference in harshness but can’t really find the amounts of what products in the blend to assess what’s causing the harsh through different blends. Meaning basically in unsure if they’re heavy in pg or vg. I honestly don’t know enough about this stuff in order to be able to judge what is causing what. But again all I know is I need to quit smoking and this seems like a good avenue. I cannot use the patch I get horrible nightmares and crazy anxiety, I can use the gum but it’s not that great, and I’m not going to fill this with another excuse because that’s what they all are LOL

3 Likes

Harshness can come from a few things, I usually look at it in this order

High doses of freebase, I really only recommend like 8mg/ml as it’s already harsh and oxidizes/steeps to be even harsher.

Age of juice, I really only like mine to steep/age for about a month so the flavors are more uniform. Some people swear by aging for long periods but it usually just ends as oxidized nicotine in my eyes/throat

From too much pg for your throat, as you get used to vaping you’ll be less affected but some people are sensitive to it. Using a more traditional tank or rda (I’d recommend tank unless you really like to tinker with shit) would let ya use something like an 80/20 or a 75/25 to make the vape less harsh

Some flavors can be harsher at higher wattage/voltage/temp/whatever applies to your system so you can try reducing it slightly.

2 Likes

I’d personally try the same ratio as disty maybe? So a ml of terps per 50ml bottle of juice? I’d start with something small though because you can always add more.

Here in nj you can’t get flavored nic anything, so the shops sell unflavored juice in bottles with prefilled flavored amounts as an extra and all you do is mix it together and fill your device. No special gear needed.

I’ve been off smokes since early October after smoking for 25 years with vapes, it helps. Good luck dude.

You can get unflavored salt juice online too I think, I almost ordered some before.

3 Likes

I had already tried one of the tanks and I absolutely cannot use it! I cough and hack it’s the absolute worse. That’s why I ended up getting on to a vape
When I was out in OKC for Dread’s I tried a of device for the first time, and I was amazed! So I’ve stuck with it I do know that a lot of it has to be built up to using it, and these past 3 days I’ve been doing my best to use just the device. I’ve been doing very well up until today… I got injured during work so I bought a pack of cigarettes, however I’ve only smoked two

2 Likes

That’s interesting really! Nothing like that down here. However I’ll be going to New York at least once a month, Jersey’s not far

1 Like

Also big fucking props to taking steps to quit cigarettes, it’s so fucking worth kicking the habit. Took me about 7 days before my sense of taste and smell came back to somewhat normal, after that I couldn’t stand the smell of tobacco smoke and that alone keeps me the Fuck away from them not to mention how much my lungs improved.

On the real I still get dreams of smoking cigarettes or that autopilot reaction to reach for where my pack would be after 2 years of not smoking, but 10 years of smoking build some deep habits. But that shit is immediately followed by the stench of cigarette smoke and I go take a dab and a few puffs off my vape.

It’s so worth it man and I promise the first week of quitting is the worst of the whole experience

3 Likes

I’ve ordered from this site before, and air factory is a decent brand I think.

They can ship stuff again too, might have to sign for delivery though now.

1 Like

Dunno what dred had, but pod devices made it all a little easier for me to make the switch. This one is ok

1 Like

I believe the laws vary between the states, some require a TRL and others just require you (someone in the supply chain) to pay a monthly tobacco products tax.

Best to double check your specific states laws on the matter. But with the whole pact act (almost) freight only shipping it tends to be easier to just add it onto a shop’s monthly order of juice.

Some have made a contract with a private shipping company, like I said I been out of making juice for a while

2 Likes