With all the D8 craze has anyone got a way to remediate D9 from D8?

Just curious if that’s coming to the table. If someone did they’d make a killing because tons of people would be needing their D8 remediated

2 Likes

Yeah. 250k. :joy::rofl:

9 Likes

Getting out the last percentage of d9 is difficult, but people here say they can do it.

2 Likes

the GRM Resin does a good job at it.

@GreenMachine_Consult is doing this for a couple labs currently.

3 Likes

We’re doing it for a few clients currently

3 Likes

I’ve gotten hit up for D8 remediation twice in 2 days, just because I’m wheeling and dealing. People must be seeing dollar signs with that service.

1 Like

Most common remediation I’ve seen involves a COA and photoshop :woman_mage:

37 Likes

Lol #integrity

2 Likes

I call bull shit on anyone having a chromatograph of d8 that doesn’t have a shoulder! I know in another post I encouraged the ones saying they can do it to show the graph but still haven’t got one or seen one to this day

4 Likes

@GreenMachine_Consult & @Ruderalis710 please provide a chromatograph that shows your claims to be true! I feel it should be a rule that one shouldn’t claim something unless the have a chromatograph to back it up… also for those that say “I dont need to post it.” Yes you do, its the only way to prove your claim without telling exactly what you did…

4 Likes

In god we trust, all others bring data!
Old engineering saying… :grinning:

5 Likes

D8 distillate-before (1).pdf (209.0 KB) D8 Distillate-after D9 remediation (1).pdf (210.2 KB)

Our client had the product they converted tested at Encore Labs prior to sending to us for remediation of D9.
We conducted the cannabinoid analysis in house after remediation and slight refinement.
D9 remediation was completed with CO2 Chromatography with no co-solvents or media.

If anyone is interested in this process I would be happy to get on a call, speak through email or DM’s about getting you into the production schedule. We have a decent amount of availability for remediation in our schedule.

Please keep everything positive. We are here to help. Our processing engineer is happy to speak to anyone wanting to work with us.

4 Likes

@Ruderalis710 can you please provide the chromatograph as thats how to really tell what’s going on… also the second test is still showing .05 d9 so it won’t bring it to nd? That .05 is a little scary, what if another lab tests it and believes the d9 level a tad higher?

1 Like

I will ask the lab for the chromatograph. Give me a bit of time to acquire it as I’m currently out of the office. This client wanted compliant and did not need non detectable D9. We have brought other samples to ND D9

@CBDOKIE Here you go.

So our media is not designed for remediation of 9 from 8. I have been able to lower levels of oil with small amounts of d9 to compliant levels but when I worked with material that was 45 percent d9 and 45 percent d8 we only got the d9 down to 10 percent and the yield wasn’t acceptable. We do have multiple labs using our media for regular remediation of mother liquor and distillate but the media we currently offer is more effective for raising the purity of your D8 and removing all mystery peaks and byproducts. I can happily share chromatographs of all the mystery peaks eluting long before the d8 does. We are working on developing media for separation of 8 and 9, but we think the easier method would be to add a chain to both the 8 and 9 molecule that would make them elute farther from each other then cleave the tail after separation and do clean up. There are tons of SOPs to get compliant D8 from isolate, I don’t think anyone should consider adding chromatography for remediation when they can just use a process that comes out compliant from the jump. But EVERYONE should DEFINITELY be using chromatography to remove all mystery substances and byproducts before they sell a product to market. Unfortunately every single D8 producer I know doesn’t care about consumer safety and does no clean up, we are hoping to change that. If you are still interested in chroma for removal of 9 from 8 I have heard good things about subcritical CO2 chromatography as mentioned earlier in the thread. When we have a proven and consistent method for d9 removal from d8 we will definitely let everyone know.

6 Likes

Awesome! thanks for the follow up and clarification!

1 Like

Don’t you need a stationary phase (media) for a technique to be considered chromatography?

1 Like

it can be a liquid or a solid phase.

Definition of Chromatography: a process in which a chemical mixture carried by a liquid or gas is separated into components as a result of differential distribution of the solutes as they flow around or over a stationary liquid or solid phase

2 Likes

Media can be solid or liquid. I probably read the OP wrong. The no co-solvents makes sense but pointing out no media for a chromatography technique is what confuses me.

1 Like