wiped film distillation

Hi guys, what is the purity of your CBD oil after wiped film distillation? Does everyone run two passes now? I am trying to get some ideas so that we can choose the right equipment. Thanks in advance

When you say 2 passes, Do you mean a terpene pass and an actual distillation pass? You should never need more then 2 passes on any kind of distillation machine. Wiped films IMO are where its at.

Mid 90s on 1st pass usually. I never do 2nd passes any more. If you do a good job on the 1st pass the 2nd pass doesn’t really give much further improvement.

Hi, thanks for replying. I mean two distillation passes. I haven’t done any, but I have heard that the numbers that provided by manufacturers are way higher than the actual concentration you could get, and I saw a few companies have multiple stage wiped film distillation systems.

Do you mind me asking what system are you using? thanks.

Even the multi stage ones do a terpene cut pass then 1 distillation pass. I run my VTA to factory spects plus a couple little things here and there and can run 4.5 liters in 1 hours off it. The lab society rolled film can do like 8 liters an hour or something crazy like that im pretty sure. Its a 2 stage.

I used Chemtech KD4 and KD6 units.

Yes, I see a lot of companies are doing 2-stage system now.

What are the throughput of these systems?

I am China manufacturer for labs equipment, and I have been producing them for many years; such as rotovap, chit, glass reactor, spd, Molecular distillation,vacuum pump and glass ware.

Also there sre many my customers in the forum and if u have the needs, just dm me and I will send the quotation to u.

For molecular distillation, the material are S216L or glass.

Thanks