wiped film distillation

Hi guys, what is the purity of your CBD oil after wiped film distillation? Does everyone run two passes now? I am trying to get some ideas so that we can choose the right equipment. Thanks in advance

When you say 2 passes, Do you mean a terpene pass and an actual distillation pass? You should never need more then 2 passes on any kind of distillation machine. Wiped films IMO are where its at.

Mid 90s on 1st pass usually. I never do 2nd passes any more. If you do a good job on the 1st pass the 2nd pass doesn’t really give much further improvement.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for replying. I mean two distillation passes. I haven’t done any, but I have heard that the numbers that provided by manufacturers are way higher than the actual concentration you could get, and I saw a few companies have multiple stage wiped film distillation systems.

Do you mind me asking what system are you using? thanks.

Even the multi stage ones do a terpene cut pass then 1 distillation pass. I run my VTA to factory spects plus a couple little things here and there and can run 4.5 liters in 1 hours off it. The lab society rolled film can do like 8 liters an hour or something crazy like that im pretty sure. Its a 2 stage.

I used Chemtech KD4 and KD6 units.

Yes, I see a lot of companies are doing 2-stage system now.

What are the throughput of these systems?

I am China manufacturer for labs equipment, and I have been producing them for many years; such as rotovap, chit, glass reactor, spd, Molecular distillation,vacuum pump and glass ware.

Also there sre many my customers in the forum and if u have the needs, just dm me and I will send the quotation to u.

For molecular distillation, the material are S216L or glass.

Thanks

Hi, we are a California based company supplying glass wiped film distillation system and stainless steel wiped film distillation systems. All our stainless steel wiped film systems are fully jacketed and insulated. Different sizes are available. We also do customization based on your need. Send me a message if you are interested.

Please check out our website for more information. Company Website

Hey, multi-stage distillation system is usually design for large production facility, such as 200kg a day. People usually run first pass to remove terp, and second pass to get CBD.
Since multi-stage is expensive, people usually buy single stage equipment and run twice manually. If you are setting up a 100kg + per day lab, you may consider 2-stage. Otherwise just get single stage.
The potency of your final product is determine by your SOP.

Dont try to talk me out of a 2 stage! Lol

2 Likes

Learn basic grammar if you’re trying to sell six figure equipment.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice sir

Can you elaborate more on S216L material? Maybe it is a typo…Do you provide Material Composition reports or at least a mill certificate for the steel?

Sry, it is 316

What is your starting material like? Do you do a lot of pre-processing to achieve those number?