Winterizing what am I doing wrong?

Everclear isn’t very common around my area so I picked up the next best thing a Polish vodka named
Spyritus, I took two grams of shatter mixed it with the alcohol then stuck it into the fridge 48 hours later and it looks nothing like the tutorials I’ve seen the dab looks like it hasn’t even dissolved even though it was over the stove top on low for 20ish min and I was string it the whole time and the alcohol turned almost white in color I haven’t seen this happen to anyone else either.

1 Like

Add more solvent like to the top,heat it up to dissolve. Then put back in freezer

Spyritus should be fine after looking it up

Thanks! Will try that right now

Good luck :green_heart::facepunch:

Did you say fridge? You want it in the freezer

When winterizing small quantities just freeze it right inside of a 50ML glass syringe then filter through syringe filters. If you use multiple syringe filters and work your way down you can get it to come out immaculate. I used to take the plunger out of the syringe barrel then just drop my concentrate in and backload it. Then put the plunger back in and draw the ethanol up. I’d put a PTFE syringe cap on and freeze the whole syringe. No mess and you don’t lose any in the process

3 Likes