Will short path distillation convert CBD to THC?

Hello everyone, these days we tried to make CBD distillation from T-free CBD oil via short path distillation, and found there is THC converted. the temperature is around 200, and vacuum is about 40 Pascal, and the distillation costed at least 10 hours. Is it possible the convert occurs during distillation ? Or maybe there is already THC before distillation, although we tested it with HPLC and believed there was no THC. We separated THC out via HSCCC chromatography.

Hope to get answers, thanks!

1 Like

How much THC in the distillate? It’s possible it converted, yes. How was the crude prepped before distillation?

Thanks! The crude is processed via HSCCC , liquid-liquid chromatography device, it can get rid of THC from the crude. So before distillation, we believed there was no THC remained. When will the CBD convert to THC ? Too high temperature and too long distillation time?

That and any adsorbants in the boiling flasks like AC or DE. Any acidic conditions will cause that as well.
I turned about 10L into delta 9 first couple go. How much are you processing at a time?

1 Like

OK, we just tried to distillate about 2L. And sorry what are AC and DE?

Ac and de

This is basic extraction 411. No free spoons. One much search for those easy tid bits of info.

3 Likes

ok, will do more search before ask, thanks!

1 Like

It’s nothing personal. Rule #1 on here is searching! No free handouts. Unless your in medical need of rso. Many ppl help with that.

3 Likes

Na man it my chance to give my first spoon… don’t ruin my moment !!!

AC … Activated Carbon

DE… Diatomaceous earth…

It’s official…

6 Likes

Diatomaceous earth and activated carbon.

What levels of THC are you seeing?

3 Likes

It’s a kind of difficult for them to search for 2 letter abbreviations/acronyms when the search bar only accepts a minimum of 3 characters…

@sidco @Future can we shorten the search criteria to 2 characters?

3 Likes

Where are you from?

@sidco What is the current character minimum for searches again? Maybe it could be shortened by a character

A glossary for common abbreviations would be a nice addition

1 Like

fixed.

https://wikijane.com/draft/glossary

6 Likes

Just searched ac and “ac” is there a way to search by specific characters based on length of character string too? Not sure how to describe that. But when I search ac and or “ac” the search includes words that have AC in sequence instead or just the characters together and alone.

2 Likes

Heard. Surprised the search bar doesn’t respect using quotes.
One could always use !future4200.com "ac" in pretty much any search engine to query results for only future4200.com matching only the string “ac”

Will see what the ole forums have to say about making our own search better.

5 Likes

Searching Google like that works great for this application! This should probably be included in the ticksoftrade thread

2 Likes

Holy hotness… did buddy literally deny this man information of abbreviations. The Chad energy is high with this one. This is an open source forum where a few members constantly spew out good info, while others will purposefully misguide you so they won’t “give away valuable industry secrets”.

Yea, searching is helpful, but I’ll never respect a man who hears a man’s question, and knows the answer, but withholds the information to prove a point. Withholding information from individuals is not how we learn.

Back to the topic. Why does DE and AC convert this mans low THC disty into a Higer THC disty? Is it the acidic nature of the medias? Or are there other chemical interactions at play???

1 Like

Acidic conditions. That’s why it’s good to look for heat activated media to avoid unwanted conversions.

2 Likes