Why do people spend so much on Cascade ovens?

Is there something I am missing? Not sure why people are spending so much on these ovens.

Quality control, certifications, customer support, and supporting US small business.

6 Likes

All it does it heat, and has to be able to allow vacuum to be pulled. Very simple piece of equipment and I cant grasp someone spending that much on an oven.

Put an across international oven through 2 or 3 years of medium to heavy use and you will see why. Latches and handles are janky and wear out, door hinge hardware gets sloppy and doors get out of alignment (to the point that the doors can fall off completely) fixed heated shelves are a bear to clean around.

The handle/latch alone on the Cascade ovens is enough for me. Their durability and longevity make them a smart buy if you want to spend your time getting product in and out instead of repairing your oven all the time.

5 Likes

No idea. The oven itself is pretty simple, like you said. Your pump is where you should spend the money.
I see what @SamuraiSam is saying about the door latch… That thing gets loose as fuck. But they aren’t hard to tighten up or replace.
To me, that isn’t worth an extra 5-10k, depending on size… We always rocked the cheap AIs and they worked fine… But to each their own, of course.

1 Like

i think cascade makes the only ones rated for pressure and nitrogen backfilling

6 Likes

I have AI ovens, and the handles do become a little loose. But I could buy a complete new one and still be cheaper than a Cascade, so the value still doesnt seem to be there IMO.

Wrong, dont you remember mine?

3 Likes

commercially available…

1 Like

Lol do u hire a gnome to chill in there and tell u when the diamonds are ready?
That thing is huge!

1 Like