Why are my plants herming out?

well i have been growing my hashplant since 1982.
i take clones of clones. it seems to be doing ok still.
the only problem i can see is plant gets a virus and gets sick.
so take clean clones. as for the hermi could be light leak ,hot or
cold shock. could also be the plant reacting to something.
or could be those strains tend to hermi. a nanner or two is
expected sometimes. but if you got balls i would drop that strain.

Yup clones from clones from clones never a drift. Ran original chems from the dawg himself, ECSD, Mass super sk…I could go on & on like my cuts have with never a drift. Environment is key numero uno.

A nanner or two is 100% unacceptable!

I do not grow a strain that tosses nanners. Those go in the trash like they should, and not be allowed to enter the grow gene pool.

And before ppl.say og gg4 is the result of a accidental nanner pollination (I know), but I’ve taken my old OG gg4 to 75 days and zero nanners.

a few great strains throw a nanner sometimes.
i agree if a plant throws nanners every time it should
be culled. also the plant from 1982 has been 24/7
except a few power outages.

1 Like

I think the whole will degrade the gentiecs thing is bs. It’s all about the care for the plants. Mother or not.

2 Likes

I have 20 strains now, I just killed off 10 others. Absolutely zero nanners ever. If one did, it would immediately be burned forever.

1 Like

is your garden you are the master of it.

some strains like schrom throw a nanner
on like the 9-10th week. not every crop just
sometimes. but sometimes 1-2 nanners. no big deal
is no seeds. also a lot of old sativas throw a few at the end.
i am not saying its a good thing just that it happens
sometimes. now a full on hermi kill it.

We made mother’s off of the 1st generation clones. We never started from seed. We ran the mother’s to the ground cloning for a few months. The last cuts we made new mother’s. Repeated this process for two more times.

There is no way anybody can say it effects it or not bc they haven’t had a controlled study. My theory is just plants modify itself to adapt. Stronger genes that was done by good breeding can withstand generation of cloning. Poor breeding will lead to weaker strains that can not adapt. Like you said environment. Plants aren’t sussosbe to be having liquid nutes poured on them like we do. It’s not natural. It’s like giving a plant steroids. You modified the genes to adapt.

I never chanced it pass the first grow op i was on which was a few years ago when i moved to Cali. Getting fresh seeds n clones wasn’t worth the risk on 4 months of work. We had mother’s on 24/7 light hps. Our clones-vegwere done on 24/7 light t-5/hps. These are mistakes i didn’t know at the time but i know plants growing indoors is like getting domesticated. Some will make it some won’t. Also i no longer grow since I’ve been in the labs.

I think these opinions won’t go anywhere bc they have to many what if and no controlled case study. Just the good ole eye test. I’m curious if terp profiles change slightly also over generations. So many questions not enough science.