Who rebuilds vac pumps in Canada?

Had some pretty shitty luck. Ordered an Alcatel 2021 from eBay and it got dropped and doesn’t turn on at all,was refunded, ordered another one and it stopped working after warranty. Any recommendations on a service center in western Canada?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

What is wrong with the new pump? When was the last time it was serviced?

Pumps pretty much need maintenance. If you can’t maintenance them. Don’t buy a used one. Unless you know for sure someone who can. Rebuild kits probably would get you both operational. There’s a lot of capable people on here able to offer insight. I’d start contacting hvac companies in canada.

To China man, how about I mail you a brick?
Stop contaminating this forum and contribute knowledge. I’m not new, I’ve been lurking for many years.
Back to the topic at hand,
I have a collection of many pumps over the years and I understand maintenance. I’ve worked with many areas of mechanics and science and have many trades under my belt. This sounds like pre school stuff and I feel I’m just not aware of what is required to rebuild these pumps. Both pumps seizes. Brand new pump dropped and makes seizing sound buzz when turned on. Housing cracked and leaking oil.

Other pump worked but never to the spec it was said to. Ran for 10 runs or so and one day it never turned on. Seized motor sound.

So is this like a simple swap parts out and put new ones in? Adjust clearances and good to go sort of thing?

Also many of the places who rebuilt pumps in Canada are no longer doing that since covid.

Where are you located?

I’ve used spears motors servicing in Burnaby BC

If it’s a motor issue it’s hardly ever worth re-winding the motor rather than replacing it with a newer one.

In my experience paying for a rebuild/extensive fix generally costs what a used pump does (but at least you know it’ll run for a while). So it’s hard to say when they’re worth fixing unless you know how to tackle it yourself

2 Likes

you know what,You just like an angry clown who can’t play jokes.are you Canadian?Canadian brick? :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

evolved extraction in van

1 Like

Thx for the company referral! I will check them out buddy! Much appreciated. I don’t pay attention to rude people. I thank you kindly for your reference. I’m going to start taking these pumps apart and learning more about rebuilding pumps too.

1 Like