Whipping Technique Questions

not quite sure what that means, but im sure I will in a couple days lol

2 Likes

Man alot of people dont know this… ALL operators should distill their solvent through the CLS with a no material run. My sensei showed me this trick and I was disgusted how much crap/heavymetals were in the bottom of the collection pot. These big companies do not clean tanks enough to completely reduce heavy metals in your liquid solvent. There is rust and shavings, and the tanks most operators get have been around the neighborhood and god only knows what industry/company was using your tank before you received your n-butane or propane.

16 Likes

even though i distill my gas before use. You should check out what solvent direct does to their tanks and their cleaning and refurbishing process prior to refill. They complelety refurbish each tank before refill. its a very interesting concept. Their tanks are $100 more for a refill but you get what you pay for. An extra $1-2 a lb is worth not getting those rusty tanks anymore.

11 Likes

@Killa12345 for the win with this company. Why start with a dirty tank which in turn leads to Heavy metals in your solvent. A lot of the guys that where failing Heavy metals was for this reason. @boulderbuilt I pass CAT lll testing in CA using the clear tech with no problem.

3 Likes

Staged filtration is really important with this tech because the dust particles are even smaller than the already tiny media particles. I did had a batch blow through a filter once, though. A very small amount of media got through, probably less than a gram total, but it was immediately visible in the oil when I poured it from my separator. I guess that’s a good thing, because if it happens again I’ll easily identify it. I also submitted samples for mass spec testing to confirm silica and t5 weren’t getting through just to be certain. No issues so far!

6 Likes

literally what your looking for

I’ve had a couple blow throughs. And both from not putting my retention ring holding my paper in place properly. Which causes it to blow through the next papers as I increased my pressure. I swapped papers since then and I’ve been good. But, I always keep an eye out for it every time since

3 Likes

This is very similar to the consistency I am looking for.

hey what temp you have your heating pad at?

I’ve gotten that texture at 93°f

No matter what I put in my system as starting material (so long’s it’s fresh fire) the end product is the same, utilizing a carefully developed methodology/SOP from weeks of trial and error.

Kush Mintz.

Biscotti.

WiFi OG.

White Runtz.

Clockwork. Zero terp loss. Smell and taste 100% true to starting material strain.:muscle::triumph:

Only $1M for this sweet tek my dudes. :joy:

14 Likes

Is that like a dry crumble?..

1 Like

Im desperate how about 3m?

8 Likes

Yeah I could use some 3M tape so that’s a fair barter. :money_mouth_face::hugs:

6 Likes

Complete purge in 12hrs. Definitely not badder moisture with collapsed structure from “oven tek” :roll_eyes:

You’re looking for heightened agglomeration to maintain the spongey porous vesicle structure without collapsing it into vermiculated chalk consistency like everyone else’s mom does. What promotes that end-result, I wonder?:wink:

After its purged. Whip it. Cold pull it and let it settle.

4 Likes

I just use a cake mixer :joy:

2 Likes

I love it!!!

hey @Jakeyg, you got pictures of your process?

I just came on here to ask if a kitchenaide with a dough hook was a viable solution…

1 Like

we used one for 6 months for large batches and homogenizing large batches. the one biggest downfall was the mixer is 3/8" off the bottom of the bowl. Altho friction from whipping the concentrate for 20 minutes generates heat we noticed failed residual solvent testing with the cake mixer over tradishonal methods. Once we went to just using the mixer for final whip or mixing all the batches together we didn’t have that issue. My guess is solvent was getting trapped into the product and not being allowed to off gas because of the viscosity and the amount of concentrate that would sit unwipped at the bottom. Went from having 0 failed rst tests to 4 in one week after getting the mixer. Once we identified the mixer was the variable, we did a side by side and confirmed our guess.

1 Like