Where to find HPLC report templates?

We recently got our Agilent Technologies HPLC tool running and have been enjoying the benefits of testing in-house.
While we can read the sample reports, they look ugly AF. Does anyone know of pre-designed templates? We’ve looked at the current report templates, but can’t find a suitable one.
The lab reports we receive from 3rd party labs show a picture of the sample, a list of cannabinoids found and sometimes a QR code. Ideally, this is what I’d like to accomplish with our in-house reports.

Thanks!

1 Like

I used to work as a pharmaceutical scientist. We just made our templates in house based on what clients or the report required. I can’t remember the specific program used, but it would be easy enough to spend the time creating a template in Word. If you had photoshop or GIMP you could also create a template in that and update the data/images in separate layers. Spend the time setting it up once and it won’t take long to create new files for each test of the same type.

3 Likes

I remember what we used now. It was Agilent OpenLab. It allowed for the importing of data from the agilent chemstation software. If you have the software with the HPLC you got, use it. There’s tutorials online, and knowing how to set it up will only help you in the future. If you don’t have the software and don’t plan on getting it, use the methods in the above reply. You’ll have to input the data manually each time, but it would work.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info

Might be able to sign up as a lab at confident cannabis. Says it is free.

2 Likes

Yes, this is the same one we use. We’ll start going through the tutorials.
Thanks!

1 Like

agilent chemstation software

What file format does the system provide?

A couple years ago I wrote a script to extract the info I wanted from a XML file and dump it into my database for seed to sale tracking. I think the source xml files came from an Agilent machine.

Once you have the data parsed, it’s not hard to make a pretty report, online or PDF for email.

1 Like

https://www.chromforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=9986
It looks like data can be exported in XML. I’m not sure what the file format is from the system.

I haven’t worked with the software for a few years and because everything was integrated, I likely didn’t pay enough attention to the file formats being used. I just put the functions in the report to pull the data from chemstation I needed, made it pretty and organized for the clients, and sent it off to QC/QA for review.

1 Like