When to introduce nutes to clones.

Hey guys, had a question for you geniuses as always. Ive recently acquired the first of my clones for my first solo grow. I received them in small tiny pots, and gave them a dunk in floramite as i cant fully trust the source. I then uppotted them to 1 gallon pots, in fox farms ocean forest soil, with some bigfoot mycorrhizae in the potting holes. Ive learned that ocean forest is a good early potting soil and should be able to give the girls what they need for a few weeks. I’m going to be running earth juice grow, transition and bloom with some other products as I put together my nutrient program. So I have two questions. First, how far along should I depend on that ocean forest to get me, and am I basically just looking for the plants to tell me when they are deficient and hungry? Eventually I will be amending the bulk soil I have so I’m hoping to have some very healthy soil and only need to feed the earth juice every few watering. But that’s all part of the learning process. and second, should i start feeding them very light feedings of the earth juice now or wait. Would checking soil ppm/ec influence this answer at all? Just want to make sure i give the girls what they want and keep them healthy. Ill post some pics of them, note, any deficiencies or signs of pests are how i recieved them, and pre-floramite dunk. thanks!
Uploading: IMG_9908.JPG… Uploading: IMG_9913.JPG… Uploading: IMG_9916.JPG… Uploading: IMG_9920 - Copy.JPG… Uploading: IMG_9922.JPG… Uploading: IMG_9942.JPG… Uploading: IMG_9945.JPG… Uploading: IMG_9946.JPG…

not sure why my pics arent showing up?

Try spacing them out a bit more. Edit: The pics

you have to wait until they fully uploaded before you hit the reply button.

3 Likes

Oceans forrest has a reputation for being too hot straight out of the bag. From what I read, it may be diluted 50 50 with perlite. Happy frog is another good product, not nearly as hot as oceans forrest.

If you are new to growing anything, the typical beginner mistake is to over fertilize. It is better to err of the side of caution and slightly underfertilize in the early stages of plant growth.

the ferts in the soil will last the longest if you aim for minimal runoff, it really depends the size of the plant and volume of soil. 2-3 weeks max for 1gallon, You will have to transplant before you would need to add fertilizer.

What @Defender said. Wait till the pics are completely loaded before moving on to the next pic and before posting

I did wait for upload… I’ve uploaded pics plenty of times before. I’ll retry when I get back home. And thanks for the advice thus far! I really hope the soil won’t burn the plants, as they are already transplanted. But I will for sure hold off on nutrients for a while then. I haven’t watered heavily yet since the rootballs were pretty wet. I’ve been just doing light watering on the root balls and around the sides of the pots to encourage root spreading. I’ll update the pics asap for your observational goodness. Thanks for the replies

2 Likes

Just give em ph’d water, if that, tap is probably fine, for a couple of weeks. I have my clones in 4" rootmaker pots for almost a month, then I transplant to a gallon pot, let em grow into the new container for two weeks, then start flowering. I don’t really feed em until week 3 in the little pot, then start feeding just before I flip em to flower.

Like @Autumn_Ridge_Hemp said, less is more for sure.

Also, @Speedofgreen of green is right as well about runoff, just give em enough water. I did that whole water till you get 20% runoff crap way back. Gave me headaches.

2 Likes

Yeah I have cut with light warrior, but prefer light warrior over FF any day

1 Like

Quarantine
Quarantine
Quarantine
Quarantine!!!

Every new cutting or clone you get always quarantine for 1 week minimum, best for 2 weeks. Do this NOT in your grow area. I use my laundry tub as a quarantine spot. It gets 24/7 light. I alternate sprays every 3rd day with a different one, repeat for 2-3 sprays. Wipe out (active ingredient ambectin), safer soap, and 217. After that’s all done. 2x sprays with eagle 20. All folair sprays.

As far as feeding… depends on medium, and what the plant is telling me. Ffof has plenty of nutes. Or go 50% bottle recommendation. If light yellow on leaves , plant is saying “feed me”!

4 Likes

Your advice has been invaluable thus far! Unfortunately I did not have an option for full quarantine. So I took all the precautions I could given my situation. Bleached the whole room and everything going in it. Dunked the plants and transplanted far away from the room, Using separate tables to move plants from old pots to new pots. Sometimes there’s just some things we can’t do, and full quarantine was one of those things. But I do intend to follow up with another round of sprays. This grow has my full focus so I will be as diligent and attentive to the plants as I can

1 Like

Every 3 days is a spider mites reproduction cycle. So every 3 days, foliar top and bottom of leaves, pots, everything with a different product each time.

Also, a 60x scope is all you really need. Broad mites and and russet mites you need a 100x scope to see.

3 Likes

I got the floramite, and have wipeout coming tomorow, so I will be following your process as far as alternating treatments

1 Like

That sure is a lot of pesticide. Spinosad works wonders in my experience and actually seems to encourage growth if used in soil.

I’m not an organic or tinfoil hat guy, but I wouldn’t touch anything with mycobutanil or azadirachtin anymore.

2 Likes

Ethically I aspire to be fully organic. Just trying to do what I can to make it through my first experience. And I do not plan to use any of these after this early treatment, or ideally ever again. But I do appreciate the Input across the board

If you’re aspiring to grow organic you should use Dr. Zymes. By far the best product I’ve ever used as a preventative foliar, you can easily spray this in flower. Actinovate is good preventative too, Green Cure is decent. Neither of these should two should be used in flower though - youll notice a significant harshness.

Apparently this guy isn’t getting tested lol. Eagle 20?

1 Like

I always test. Myclo stays in a plant 21 days. So if I spray a clone, have a 30 day veg, 69 day flower, do you possibly think myclo will still be in the plant?

So spare me the BS.
@mr_pickles

Thanks

Use shampoos or get rid of any issues you may or not have.

2 Likes

Interesting. I do testing and never use the stuff so I couldn’t say. I’ve heard from others that it’s systemic and multigenerational even through clone. But that’s hearsay.