Whats the oldest material you have had successful crystallizing?

Whats the oldest material you have ran and been able to pull diamonds?

3 Likes

I’ve successfully ran stuff over year old and go great.

Also I’ve ran stuff 6 months old that somehow had all the thca converted . Was wet mess

5 Likes

I like your new avatar

2 Likes

1 1/2 yr old material. Some forbidden fruit trim mixed with lemon og trim. Sauce portion wasn’t too saucy though

5 Likes

How was the sauce then? How much tcha was there still the majority? Was it crc?

3 Likes

:facepunch::green_heart:

he’s definitely, StoneD!!!

3 Likes

I have some stuff, BHO, looks like disti, clear, liquid like honey, 0 crystalline, fully decarbed,
Itll probably go into a cart good, what did you do with yours that had converted?

3 Likes

Crc decarb then vapes… although now finding that the terps stayed very well. And I keep disty I would use it as flavoring if tasted good.

I was making full spectrum carts back then. But like I said. My crc was holding terps great through decarb so I think it be great flavoring

4 Likes

Majority was diamonds. With more of a sugar then sauce. No crc.

2 Likes

Hi, I don’t want to start a new thread, but I have 1-9 years old collection of trim in airtight(not vacuumed), stored in a attic, that I gathered over the years… It’s like 50 or so pounds, dont exactly know if i’s salvageable and how…
Any tips for a newcomer? Thanks!

2 Likes

Give it shot but probably 99% that’s it not gonna crystallize. If was stored proper In low temps just maybe for the newer old stuff. But most likely time has converted the thca to thc. Will leave you with an unstable sap slab

4 Likes

Sounds like disty material at this point

7 Likes

What if I use it only for vape carts, extract, then distill? Won’t the THC be converted do CBN, after so long? It’s in the attic, so -20°C - +40°C temp swings during a whole year…
I live in Europe, in pretty ilegal state, like 5+ years minimum when caught, so I can’t do any kind of lab testing… Only smoke test:)

2 Likes

I also have some older material I’m about to experiment with, to tune up my former caveman processes.

Can anyone comment on best practical uses for such an end product without distillation, considering I only have access to a small passive CLS with co2/etoh slurry, BĂĽchner setup for winterizing, and an old vac oven?

Edibles?? I’m not sure man, it really depends on your preference. If you don’t mind smoking doodoo to mids, go ahead and butane extract.

Heavy crc. Try to remove flavor

3 Likes

I should have worded that better, I know what to use it for. What I meant to ask for is any broad suggestions on post-process ideas worth trying on very-old material and not just a waste of time to make doodoo. I am refurbishing the extractor machine and will add CRC and mol seive sections for now, maybe full inline dewax later.

I’ve read a ton on all this (here) and will continue doing so, so not asking for technical details, just enjoying what others share on the “extracting old weed” subject. Fyi I also have a continuous supply of fresh flowers to make much better products, so this is just for remediation and learning, not trying to make a retirement job of it.

CRC of course, but that is just the flavour and colour… what about that damn CBN? can that be solved by distillation? I would have to get some cheap SPD setup just for these 50lb, then I’ll be using only fresh and cured material.

1 Like

If its already cbn your disty will have cbn also. But spd is also an option

2 Likes

Man, I found a bag of trim in the back of a 0 degree F freezer, it was nearly 3 years old at the time. GSC from an outdoor farm. Ran it with straight cold n-tane (~ -60c) and put into a jar (no CRC). The solution precipitated and gave me nice sized crystals, but they were extremely cloudy, brittle and caked with amber-brown terps. The terps were extremely viscous, pretty much a solid at room temp. When i dabbed one of the crystals, it left a tingly numbing feeling on my tongue, pesticides maybe?

Edit: and some of the diamonds i’ve posted on here were from 1yr+ old trim, but those were thru CRC. If the ingredients are there, it’s possible.

3 Likes