What to do with excess goodies like Carotenoids/Raff*

Larf has a cannabis specific meaning already.

Maybe spilth?

4 Likes

Shiiiiiit. Maybe I got em mixed up. I am no distillation pro. Just a fan who has provided material.

Will happily take both definitions.

The final remains after short path can be stored seperatory and collected and overtime you should have a decent amount that with some cleaning makes sense to pass treu the short path again
There is quiet a difrance in what it contains from natural extract or isomerization product
Natural has a lot of sugars and and some pesky gunk
On isomerization product this is a lot less and defenatly worth the effort of storage and cleanup

Raffinate is appropriate and was previously (pre canna-bros) agreed upon.

Were we in need of a new word, spilth seems like a good match…especially once the raffinate hits the floor

5 Likes

I guess what I am saying is more specifically aimed at @NewLevelProcess answer.

I am looking to know where to send it. Put it to use.

Now how about carotenoids and other random goodies outside of the distillation raff

Pretend I have a ton of shit sitting and my inspiration to find repeat use for it all is on my mind.

Now that you’ve got the right search term, do you imagine the question has been asked before?

2 Likes

Fair. Thanks for the healthy reminder to look up the word I just learned. But outside of raff? Many other things.

I’d really like to build a topic on best routes for material and finding it a proper home.

That one guy obviously found a business model

Thanks for the reminder read

1 Like

Raffinate or residue. Make knobs and steering wheels for classic cars out of it. Like good ol Bake-lite

2 Likes

Arizona chemical was another that was absorbed by kraton. Construction chemicals and fuel additives were among their product portfolio. They usually exist next to the huge paper mills that generate these kinds of waste by the barrel by the hour.

2 Likes

you could break the waste terpenes down into isoprene and use them to make rubber

2 Likes

What could I use rubber for? Hmmm… :sneezing_face:

What do y’all do with other goodies?

Focus back to carotenoids?

Use the rubber to make items to shove up your butthole duh.

6 Likes

Cannabuttplug.com

Thanks for your input @Pupparoo

As always, on topic.

Carotenoids ? I find it interesting you name them so often but I can’t remember having them isolated at any time
In spend bentonite clay yes but as a issolate or high concentrate no
Off all compounds that can be found in waste
Flavonoids and but a few other s have some valeu and relatively simple to collect sop
But there presence is minimal 0.1% so not worth the effort other than academic r and d

1 Like

:face_holding_back_tears::shushing_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I gotta control my words more often. Giving y’all too many leads without trying

Well maybe you should carotenoids have little valeu and cleaning them up is tedious
So don t think it makes much sense to try
But then again the carotenoid family is pretty big so who knows there are some rare ones in the mix

1 Like

Everything involving my experience with drugs and learning leads to learning something new and without documentation. I have no doubt countless opportunities are missed in the goodies.

Discovery pays.

I have a hunch the truth is the raff may be more valuable than the noids stripped/recovered.

I know larf as airy boof buds.

4 Likes

Me personally, I recognized the term from end distillation results corrected as raff

Happy to admit wrong

This is called tails fraction and unless your making cloudy disty there wont be alot of “fats” in it

1 Like