What’s going on with the cbn market

36k was the price for our first kg of cbn we bought. Made a great profit off it too once it was formulated into its final product.

4 Likes

Who is trust worthy for CBG genetics? I have severe stomach issues and wouldn’t mind popping a few beans to try.

Did you ever get anywhere with the hemp fabric idea? I just had a similar highdea. “Carolina Hemp” T shirts for all of the redneck chads to wear. Probably a fairly low investment if we could find american made hemp tshirts

3 Likes

I found a manufacturer for fabric goods, but it was mostly hemp/cotton blends. Pure hemp was ~12/yard iirc

3 Likes

Yup as with plastics, can only really find mixed fabric weaves at a practical price point. I really want to explore that as well.

2 Likes

This guy has something started in NC

“Project 2021: Pioneering American-Made Hemp Clothing – Solid State Clothing” Project 2021: Pioneering American-Made Hemp Clothing – Solid State Clothing

2 Likes

Hemp clothing was extremely coarse and itchy back in the day even as a blend. Have they refined it in any way?

Has anybody invented wood pants? I want pants made out of wood fiber.

2 Likes

I have been googling and discovered Viscose Hemp. Its essentially rayon that is made from hemp. Some of y’all chemists wil understand the process better I’m sure.
I also discovered “cottonized hemp” in texas. This is an interesting read.
“Largest hemp fiber processing center in the U.S. announced | Morning Ag Clips” Largest hemp fiber processing center in the U.S. announced | Morning Ag Clips

2 Likes

Yeehaw

1 Like

Panda has a lot of investment - Levi’s Wrangler, Patagonia, etc are all trying to “cottonize” hemp too. This is honestly the only stuff that still gets me really excited in the industry, let’s go build!

5 Likes

Hempcrete in some building situations is really interesting too as an energy saver and carbon absorb-er.

3 Likes

Mostly the consumer demand just isn’t there. It’s really that simple. I’m out in OK and we are only selling a handful of CBN products every month out of our dispensaries.

2 Likes

Nice to hear cbn is in OK dispensaries at least.
Options are better than none.

Absolutely agree! Compound education is crucial! The concept that CBN is the melatonin replacement compound is false. CBN does put most people to sleep. In other cases… CBN can disrupt sleep. Ran a 9 month (only CBN) sleep trial. Wasn’t conclusive enough to call it a complete knock out for sleep. Just like every compound and every “different” chemical makeup within people… these compounds act differently within each individual.

I without a doubt can say that CBN (dabbed, vaped, put on a bowl or in a joint)… is a super clear headed, very relaxing stone. Most of our CBN clients use CBN for pain and joint relief as well. Again… many use-cases, not enough human trials and facts. I’ve attached a human clinical trial that passed Phase 1 for CBN relieving some skin diseases. Really good read and really dope to see companies pushing the human trials along.

Gang gang

CBN Phase 1 Clinical Trial (PASS) for skin disease ailment.

12 Likes

I got some concrete shoes to go along with that

3 Likes

Thank you for posting!
I obviously did not know that and now have more to look into. Thanks!

1 Like

Anytime :raised_hands:t4: This study was just published pretty recently. Really dope to see these CBN benefits via clinical trials.

4 Likes

That’s awesome thanks for sharing that publication.

Has anyone run across any negative health effects from using CBN? I typically consume 50 to 60 mg on hemp flour or mixed with a little marijuana. I don’t use it everyday because I find that tolerance builds. I haven’t noticed anything negative and the only thing I’ve heard is that it could lower blood pressure.

I’ve been taking it pretty regularly (2-5 times a week) and so has my wife and a handful of my friends. I’ve had no bad experience that I could correlate to CBN. But I do think building a tolerance is something to keep in mind like anything else you regularly consume.

4 Likes