What name do you use for Cannabis

I was poking around and came across this:

List of slang names for cannabis - Wikipedia

1 Like

Dope, pot, or weed are/were the ones I use.

1 Like

Just read an article that says the word ā€œmugglesā€ originated in the 1920ā€™s, among jazz musicians, and it specifically referred to marijuana cigarettes. Louis Armstrong recorded a song that he called Muggles. Hope he was high at the time he recorded it.

Ditch weed was in use during the 60ā€™s, at least in Ohio, and it was mostly referring to Indiana weed.

5 Likes

Awesome fun fact. Never heard of the term muggles. I grew up early 90s and we always said ā€˜treeā€™, but code name was ā€˜cornā€™.

I do hate the word weed. So demeaning to itā€™s true value. I usually now only call it weed when Iā€™m mad at it, stupid weed.

Muggles time!

2 Likes

Flower
Thatā€™s the term used around here.

My dad called it ā€œdopeā€ when I was younger. Dope to me always referred to H.

13 Likes

Another weird name that was in use, in the far past, was Mary Warner. This eventually changed around to Mary Jane. (Maria Juana in Spanish)

Havenā€™t used the term in a while, but I used to call it grass.

2 Likes

Trees, bud, grass (old uncleā€™s influence), piff, reason for existence

1 Like

What no tweeds?

1 Like

Had a crazy neighbor once come to the door asking for some pacololoā€¦ I stared him down until he said a name I recognized.

10 Likes

Ganj, or Ganja are my go toā€™s. But I have been known to use green, weed, MJ, and most of the other common slang

1 Like

ā€œSure bro iā€™ve got some rat poison right here you can spray on your lawn and smokeā€

3 Likes

Dude was a landscaper too! Lmao

A real rough looking one. Like heā€™d smoke the rat poison in the pacololo was out

5 Likes

Sick of a fuckin` lawn? Eagle 20 baby. Sick of door to door salesman healthily making their way to your front door? EAGLE 20 AND ARSENIC. LAWNS ARE FOR SNOWFLAKES.

6 Likes

And dog turds

2 Likes

and corpses of dead door to door salesmen to warn the others from waking me up from a goddamn nap

1 Like

Weed, or flower (industry people only)

2 Likes

We always called it ā€œBudā€ back in the day.

2 Likes

Marijuanas. Plural.

Sometimes I say flower if Iā€™m trying to sound cool at the dispensary.

3 Likes

all the bad ones huh?

i replaced weed for bud a long time ago said i dont smoke weeds just fire buds