what is the best medical state

i was think of moving to a medical only state no rec.

i was considering establishing in a medical market before the rec. passes.

i was wondering which state would be the best place to do this. curious of different states flexibility in the grey market. i guess az is out because there is no conctrate allowed. was thinking Maine . but there are so many more it hard to research every med state.
pls chime in if you can help me with this decision

1 Like

Oklahoma is pretty wide open.

2 Likes

i heard they are very strict about cannabis

Only outside of the medical program. Once licensed you do pretty much anything you want until the rules change.

2 Likes

Oklahoma is already oversaturated with businesses. More licensed growers than Colorado, only ~35,000 patients and over 700 dispensaries.

4 Likes

What about maine or Montana

Montana is still trying to figure it out. They passed the new rules, but like Washington it is starting to get regulated with a heavy hand. The state Health Department comes down hard on violations and will shut a place down. Fee’s to be a care giver are reasonable, but like anything that is subject to change. If I recall it is 30 sq feet per patient, but fears of over production is really starting to take hold. Montana is afraid of what Washington and Oregon are dealing with in regards to overproduction. In the end probably be worth it if you are in Missoula, Great Falls or Billings.

Here is a good link to what they have going on:

1 Like

Maine is pretty bloody saturated due to decades of cannabis culture here and one of the longest running medical programs in the country. We’ve got a small population (decreasing) and prices have crashed significantly over the last 3 years. I would have to say you’d be late to the game.

1 Like

thank you everyone for your input so far

1 Like

anyone have any other input on any different states.

north dekota
Missouri
Michigan
Arkansas
Vermont
Massachusetts
new Hampshire
new Mexico
Delaware
Connecticut
Illinois
Utah
Maryland
Pennsylvania
Louisiana
Ohio
west Virginia
New York

Patient count is still growing, it’s less than a year since launch.

3 Likes

so maybe ok isnt out yet

And growing fast.

Extracts aren’t a nono in az. Just if you are licensed in a facility. Black market, they are actively looking for you. Az is not the place to be making yourself IG famous. They lurk the seshes here and social media. Every extractor, club, farm, whatever that has flexed to get big has been busted. Very few haven’t… Yet.

That wasn’t my crowd. I stayed away from it. Everyone there was watched. Out on probation. You name it. It was a haven to get caught.

If you can find a group looking for an extractor that can run a cls. Especially after what we’ve been doing. You can do decent. Most places want an employee, not an extractor.

If/when you get into a licensed place. Don’t take whatever they give you. Don’t accept the lowest offer just to get into the industry. Know your worth and people won’t ask for discounts.

3 Likes

Missouri here. We’re still experiencing serious growing pains as the result of how licensing was handled for producers initially. As I’m sure is common in a lot of midwest states, many out of state investors and family/friends of the politicians ended up with most of the licenses. Over the last years there have been efforts to overhaul our med system, and grant more licenses to local entrepreneurs. Especially since anything sold here, has to be produced/processed here. But, it’s still not how it should be (IMHO), and with having just started rec this year, the pricing/availability has been inconsistent to say the least. I’ve not looked into current/upcoming legislation recently, but I think within the next few years the market will stabilize and open up more to the little guy and aligning it more with our ridiculous, but booming booze market. As a side note, the ‘right’ to be drunk in public is literally written into our state constitution here and open containers are allowed in all but 2 municipalities I believe for non-driving adults.

1 Like

Damn didn’t realize I had responded to a thread that was 4 yrs old until after typing that. Still relevant, if not timely lol. Hope you found a place to set up shop tho

Pennsylvania medical is locked down. I think it’s 2 companies, may actually be one, that have all the grow licenses put into the market. Then everything needs to be done in house, from grow to final processing, all under one roof.

If I’m being honest, the stuff i see from the dispensaries is hot garbage too. The state doesn’t want people smoking it, so the flowers that do show up are dry and gross tasting, vapes and dabs leave a lot to be desired, edibles are currently a no no under medical rules.

Not to mention the garbage weather. You don’t want anything to do with PA.

4 Likes

ive extracted for 3 different PA G/Ps and all of them had different licenses lol

1 Like

Yeah there are over 20 combined companies that hold GP+Clinical Registrant licensees lol, though a chosen few have heavily consolidated market share.

1 Like