What in the hell is going on in this video

just was in the worm hole of youtube and found it…

Dry ice bubble hash, it’s low quality farmer grade kief

3 Likes

It’s what I used to do, then for rosin pressing yrs back.

3 Likes

i feel a spiritual connection with this video

2 Likes

Dry Ice Bubble Hash… I prefer dry sifting, but fuck if it’s not time consuming. I never bothered to look deep enough into dibh, can you still separate that out using steps of table top screens?

The real trick is in the zap… 99.9999%

2 Likes

Guy making low grade dry ice kief in his kitchen. Sure there’s no dog hairs floating around in there w/ the kennel right behind him lol.

4 Likes

Why you gotta knock his dry sift cut game?

3 Likes

No, you are obliterating the plant matter, breaking it down to pieces the same size as the trichomes. Static might help but you won’t get it all the way clean

I wonder if the density of a trichome is affected by temperature to enough of a degree to allow for separation from the small bits of plant material by using controlled bursts of air to blow the lighter particles out of the vessel.

If the vessel was chilled the trichomes would experience a greater increase in density than the small bits of plant material but I wonder if it would be significant. Maybe electrostatic attraction can be worked into the mix to make the separation more efficient?

1 Like

Maybe, it’s the same principle water hash uses.

Theoretically you may be able to achieve the same effect with the right gases though I seriously doubt it

Static is commonly used in dry sifting techniques, everything from Rubbed balloons to actual static generators. Many find random things that work like DVD cases and apple gift cards

1 Like

Static electricity is definitely your friend when cleaning dry sift to its most refined versions.

The whole process is just frustrating cold and labor intensive when done manually over large table top screens. I like the big tumbler in a freezer concept with timed spins for varying degrees of quality, but have yet to see anyone implement a large scale static separation phase for producing large scale amounts of nearly pure heads.

If that works that would be so awesome!

Does anyone know the average size of an trichome or the smallest size?
If I break up the plant matter while shaking with dry ice, does the plant matter get smaller then the trichome size? so I have a mesh with eg. 50mycrons which holds back my trichomes but not the plant matter because it is even smaller then that? or does the trichomes break while shaking? then it wouldn make much sense.

If you can color grade this every 10 grams you get a killer product perfect for rosin

I’ve done this before. This is featured in the old book, “Pot Culture”. It’s a bitch to color grade it and to be completely honest I ruined quite a lot (like 7, 190um bags) of non-full mesh bubble bags; like the one he’s using in the video doing this because the dry ice tears up the bag and ruins the bag and you risk plastics in your hash if you don’t use full mesh or the correct micron, which 190 is optimal for this You also don’t need to use a bucket you can simply shake a bag with dry ice and cannabis over a long table and again, in my experience doing this you’re SO MUCH BETTER OFF USING SMALL INCREMENTS AND NOT LETTING THE MATERIAL SIT IN THE DRY ICE. You’re almost 100% gonna need a long 6 ft table.

You’re also gonna need to let it dry, BUT making temple balls is easier from this way of sieving because it’s a bit moist.