What are your “Bootstrap” tips?

What do you wish you knew when you were getting started?

5 Likes

Random thought I had this morning, typed it out and tried to cancel but accidentally posted haha

I’ll run with it.

Basically what is something simple you wish you knew when you started.

3 Likes

Scale to what you can sell. Has served me well. Lol never realized that rhymes until I wrote it out.

20 Likes

More chemistry
Most off my mistakes I ccntribute to my lack of chemistry knowledge
If I had a beter understanding off what needs to be achieved and how to
Things would have been a whole lot easyier
I learned the hard way :crazy_face:

26 Likes

I wish I knew my future was headed in this direction so I could have gone to university/college and got a degree in chemistry. Started growing flower to making oils with a 2lb bhogart cls, never thought I’d be in the business of cannabis oil.

10 Likes

This is the best quote ive seen in a shit long time. NICE ONE. Probably would save a shit ton of companies if they just followed that thought train.

17 Likes

That having a tank the same size as ur collection pot makes passive WAYYY easier!

8 Likes

Get good insurance.

24 Likes

“Pulling myself up by my bootstraps” in the industry?

-Grind every day while still taking personal time for yourself
-Do something every day to make business better
-Remember you enjoy the industry and take a brief break from the parts that are a drudge like trimming or drama employees create, even if it’s just taking a tasty dab or eating a D8/THCV edible.

16 Likes

Put security cameras anywhere you have valuable or sketchy shit.

25 Likes

Remind employees and visitors to act like they are always on camera

11 Likes

Learn free/low cost sales & marketing - easily my worst skill, but those who dedicate themselves to learning it are worth their weight in gold.

13 Likes

Here is more proof that free marketing is soo important to a business.

I don’t do a single bit of paid advertising. Don’t even really post anything but to the story of my Instagram. Yet a large margin of my business comes from there and here.

I don’t even have a Facebook page, don’t do reddit, google ads, SEO of any kind, and yet free tools have made this a business

**** and some insight to what powders I sell the most. Lol

10 Likes

There is nothing more valuable than a social media profile that interacts with their clients. Through time your reach grows and as long as you continue to be personal with the people spending their money on your products you will continue to grow!

6 Likes

Never let anyone undervalue your knowledge.

Many will want to build unbalanced business relationships with them (the unskilled one) getting the better half.

Enjoy the ride.

20 Likes

On top of this, base sales price off of the amount you can make per day. I see too many people holding onto product because they want their profit margin to be high when if they had just sold the product they could have bought more raw materials to make more end product to sell more.

Profit per day not profit margin.

19 Likes

I agree with profit per day, but never undervalue your time.

That said, it’s sometimes ok to discount your billable hours. It’s never ok to not be honest about the number of your billable hours.

13 Likes

If your bootstrapping your time is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Once you’re established you can start to demand more for your time because your time is more in demand.

7 Likes

Watch some small business videos on YouTube.

This will cover pretty much everything you need to know that isn’t cannabis.

At the end of the day it’s just widgets and most other business examples crossover for the most part.

4 Likes

I wish everyone could do simple math like that

3 Likes