WFE Terpene Strip Re-distillation

Hey folks,

Lately our terpene strip from distillation has been coming back in the mid-70s for cannabinoid content. My employer has hinted that they would like to try re-distilling our terp cut to retrieve whatever residual cannabinoids are left. The initial strip typically runs at 100 - 200 micron vacuum, 145 - 150c column, and 50c condenser. My guess would be that we will need to run a bit lower (130c column) and try and collect the good product on the residue side.

Has anybody ever taken a stab at this before? What worked best for you?

1 Like

Might take 2 passes to get it to the purity you want, try 105C at full vac, depending on the composition you should get your desired effect. That being cannabinoids on the residue side and other stuff down the condenser side.

Edit: Also, condenser up to 78C should push most of the co distilling compounds to your external condenser.

2 Likes

Could also try dialing back the temp on your terp strip, depends on the batch but can get most terps out with a lower and slower strip run. Check the tackiness of the light fraction when doing this

2 Likes

So your running 105C on the column and 78C on the internal condenser for terp strips?

Not anymore, and that was on a smaller unit then I run now. Unfortunately, I am unable to discuss my current parameters.