Water in my Shatter crude

So I have some oil I am working down for shatter it was extracted with EtOH but sadly was not dried prior to extraction. We had 3 runs and one shattered out great solid glass breaks at even 40C. Problem is I have 2 other runs of the material that after I roto out the ethanol I have water left normally I don’t have the issue because we roto at much higher temps (usually we distill crude). I get my Heptane on thursday that we are going to use for CRC, my question is can I roto out everything I can leaving behind as little water as possible then dissolve in heptane and use a sep funnel to remove the water. I know water and heptane do not mix and since I’ll have it in hep it’ll hit some Silica, B80, AA, DE. I also have magsil PR but with the cost of it I am undecided on it’s addition. Thoughts?

Leave it in your ethanol and water mix and the do a LLE on it using your heptane. cannabinoids will head over to the heptane layer and leave the ethanol.

While you are there you can do a couple washes on it to further clean the solution up. there are a lot of good threads on here about how to do it exactly.

1 Like