Water in my oil, can I remove it easily/cook it off?

My house is pretty cold, I went to decarb some oil, turned the oven off after reaching decarb, and when I let it cool back down, it was all cloudy. I notice that when I warm the jars in the oven from room temp, condensation forms on the outside of the jar. I’m thinking it’s also forming on the inside of the jar. Is there any good way to remove water from my decarbed oil?

I’d bet that’s terp sweat instead of water.

3 Likes

The stuff on the side of the jar is terp sweat indeed, but I’m curious why the oil is turning cloudy when it cools if it has been dewaxed?

Column dewax very rarely gets it all in my experience.

2 Likes

just seems like a lot, maybe the pics don’t do it justice. Trying to heat them a bit longer, either finish the decarb (I’m fairly certain they’re fully decarbed) or cook off any moisture that could have condensed in the inside of the jar.

Still thinking - could this be cbn from degraded THC?

hey im in a similar positon, where I think there’s water in my hte. if it were any other kind of concentrate id just go up to 200 and try and boil off the water, but the hte is so thin.

anyone have any ideas?

Got any pictures to use as a frame of reference? If the HTE is low viscosity and there’s a clear separation of water from HTE, I’d try using a separatory funnel.

3 Likes

you could always try a smidge below 0C… or a even smidge above if you want to