Watch "The Battle Raging In Nigeria Over Control Of Oil | VICE on HBO" on YouTube

Watch this madness!

Holy shit I thought our people had it hard. Running a distillation lab off generators in the mountains and sleeping in a tent looks like paradise in comparison to the way these boys are moon shining petroleum distillates in Niger. What a fucking nightmare.

6 Likes

Sounds like my kinda party :tada: :balloon: :confetti_ball:

Where do I sign up?

5 Likes

Apocalyptic.

2 Likes

They are distilling their crude and fractioning off the diesel with a giant fucking bonfire as the heat source.

That’s definitely not going to make the fire marshall happy🤣

Not to mention the complete lack of C1D1 enclosures and safety equipment!

I bet that muddy sinkhole filled with flaming byproducts isn’t even UL listed!

CEQA officials would lose their shit over this

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/CEQA/Purpose

And here I’ve been sitting on my hand for 13 months waiting on permits and licenses

9 Likes

We should have them join GLG.

14 Likes

thanks for posting, that was intense!

1 Like

We should send them a few thousand CBD seeds so they can get a new income stream

4 Likes

Lol cbd is an income stream?

10 Likes

Different economies

1 Like

in africa 1 kg of high quality kief is only 100-200euros

dirt cheap already on the black market

2 Likes

I’d say their need for biofuels seems real high- maybe focus on tricrop that can be converted to fuel more readily

3 Likes

Food and fuel… Tricrop for sure. Or pigs

Edit: Both. Definitely both.

3 Likes

Send em seeds and mycelium to remediate that soil from the African crude pool party :sunglasses: seems like a good spot to have a few experiments.

@Rowan

Hemp can be pretty easily converted to biofuels through various pathways. I’m also thinking textiles as well…

And we get our cbd as a feedstock :thinking:

Call me crazy but I want hemp and it’s valorization to feedstock to be as cheap as possible.

4 Likes

I say tricrop as in hemp tricrop, you get cannabinoids, seeds, and fiber in one plant- I’m definitely all about the as of yet less explored uses for the plant

4 Likes

Oh I’m with you, I’m gonna let the pigs graze off the seeds and buds, then come back through and rake up the fiber. Or, possibly inoculate it all out in the field :eyes:

6 Likes

or we can just send them a bunch of guns and ask them to give us diamonds, gold and oil…seems to be working for the capitalist so far

That was a joke.

10 Likes

Have some “fun guy” “starter prints” to throw in :grin:. Everyone needs a vacation every now and then.

3 Likes

Putting away crates of guns…

3 Likes

I once was lucky enough to work with pork that was finished some on a diet of Fuji apples and hazlenuts for the last three months of their lives- they tasted as expected… apples and hazelnut- I garuntee you that if you fed pigs a steady diet of cbd rich food you could extract cannabinoids from the pork fat itself.

Let’s do this, for science.

Im sort of actually losing my shit over this concept rn… imagine the most relaxed happy pigs in the world all high on edibles all day long, like how the Japanese make Waygu beef by giving them
Massages and getting them drunk on beer and singing them songs… but it’s hemp and pork and American AF

6 Likes

Make these pigs guzzle guzzle guzzle distillate all day long. :rofl::joy:

This is an awesome idea, btw.

6 Likes