Want to farm? We'll contribute the plants

The deal is simple -

We’re a large-scale hemp transplant business and have made over 30k calls to hemp farmers across the country since Dec '19 - what we’ve discovered is that 85% of farmers aren’t farming hemp this year. So, we’re farming. We’ve planted over 2mm hemp transplants for the specific purpose of farming quality hemp flower for the 2020 season.

We’re looking for qualified hemp farmers with at least one year of experience with this crop. We provide the plants, you farm, and we’ll distribute.

Before you throw us in the same category as these other cliches, just know that we personally farmed nearly 400 acres ourselves last year in SW NV and have been cultivating cannabis since '97 in the legal WA state market. We’re Imperial Seedlings - look us up.

That’s an interesting business model. This solves the distribution problem that a lot of farmers had. With prices the way they are, it seems like the farmer is the one getting squeezed on the payment at the end. How exactly does payment work?

I’m interested. Located in Western WI. Send me some info on how to get hold of you so we can chat.

I’ll DM you

Both sides are considered to have had a cost of production. That said, in an effort toward equality, any deltas between input costs are rectified in initial distributions from product sales between the two parties.

What is the plan for when the rules change in november? It seems like the only legal cbd hemp flower will have to be blasted with solvent and then sprinkled with isolate, in order to be under .3% total thc.

3 Likes

I think it’s actually by total weight, so spiking with isolate wouldn’t make a difference.

Also in (I think?) most states farmers aren’t in control of what gets tested - a state rep comes to your farm, takes a sample, and you have the choice of what DEA certified lab you want it sent to.

1 Like

I got “randomly selected” last year for testing. There are several hemp farms in my area, and it seems like all of us were selected. Maybe it was just easier that way. The lab guy actually asked me if I preferred that he sample any particular plant, lol. I told him no, they were all the same. He picked a few flowering tops from the plants near him that were easiest to reach. It was very non invasive, they scheduled ahead of time, and lab techs are not looking to snoop or try to catch anyone at anything.

1 Like

Yeah in PA we just have to schedule a date 14 days before harvest. But I don’t think most hemp flower (or even biomass) farmers are thinking about total THC.

Just got an acre of their starts a few weeks ago and they were great! Even canopy throughout, healthy roots, and a great price. Much better than the greenhouse in Illinois that supplied our initial 10 acres. Hardly any transplant shock, seem very well hardened off

1 Like

We’re working on the total t issue but as is being discussed here, continuous testing will be and always is key. We have a few cultivars that are really good at maintaining compliancy so they’ll be a little easier to manage.

Really great to hear that! We always love feedback so please keep us up to date with how the plants are doing. We love pictures!

1 Like

Forgive me if i am just dense, but i don’t quite understand. A solvent blast would take out all the thc, afaik. That would make it compliant, then an isolate sprinkle would make it “cbd flower.” It would be a crappy product, but I fear that the marketplace will be flooded with it, depressing prices and making it not cost effective to grow a quality product. My other concern is that the flower market is dominated by strains claiming 18% or so, and that high of cbd percentage is not going to occur naturally in flower that is total thc compliant. My compliant hydro flower comes in about 10%, which is not going to impress anyone, especially sitting next to chemistry project bud that looks the same and claims double the cbd.

Ah I see, that would work. I thought you meant just spraying with isolate dissolved into solvent, as we see people doing with D9 to hemp.

In some countries I’ve heard people actually pay to have the hemp buds stripped of cannabinoids to force them into compliance, and then they are sold as smokable to unknowing consumers. Sad stuff.

Yep, like merica