Vitamin E is now a direct link to the vape deaths?????

Just an article I saw, that I wanted to share.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/11/08/potential-culprit-found-vaping-related-lung-injuries-deaths/?fbclid=IwAR1UhhvuyJPdUg0kM3FyymUxskq94DHZq9efhCp-BPCV5oXBPX-PDoytoEs

2 Likes

Title said potential. Thats not a direct link. Also say basically they still dont know if its other compunds

3 Likes

I’ve been saying this over and over. It wasn’t just vitamin e in honey cutt.

4 Likes

Think the shitty carts have anything to play it as well? I saw the metal fume fever thing as well?

3 Likes

Yep. People will still argue it’s not so they feel less guilt.
Edit:
Yes there may be contributing factors and outliers that got sick for other reasons. But honeycutt kills. Mr extractor- Mr murder

3 Likes

I feel that as well, People have been using shitty carts and questionable flavoring products well before even terpenes and CCells came out. It only seems to have happened once the The clear, Honey Cutt and Uberthic came about.

3 Likes

Samples taken from the patients were also tested for plant oils, petroleum distillates like mineral oil and other potentially harmful substances, which were “notably not detected,” the C.D.C. said. The findings are being published in Friday’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

Safe to say that mineral oil isn’t the culprit- hahaha

Devil’s advocate here… Im sure they didnt know it would cause harm… They also obviously didnt do much testing though…

2 Likes

Agreed- No one can be blamed as they didn’t know-

Cnbc

Has anyone ever watched any type of regular battery short out ? I watched a battery short out before its like smoke bomb going off . Imagine hitting a vape and having this happen while your inhaling . Coupled with the fact every battery has heavy metals and acids as well as the hardware itself coming from China can potentially be contaminated . Terpenes break down the rubber seals . On top of the fact the distillate could be dangerous as well from mycotoxins, pesticides , and heavy metals . I don’t think shitty cuts are killing people remember how cut and diluted the old Pg and VG carts were 5 years ago ? There is no way vitamin E is killing people . Maybe causing lung issues but not death . How about mycotoxins and mold allergies ? Moral of the story tobacco is worse than all these things together just buy a regular dab pen or dab rig and consume something that we know is safer . Fill it with dabs or just smoke or vape flower

1 Like

Pg/vg is still being used in ecigs. That is not the cause.

Mineral oil, vite e acetate, crappy carts, and bad batteries seems to be the consensus

3 Likes

We lather vitamin E all over our selves all day and regularly ingest it in many different forms and ways in soap, food , drinks, and lotions ( not me personally but a lot of people ). I know its not PG / VG i was just making a comparison . I was just trying to say how shitty the carts were then compared to now . My bet would be an allergy to mold . You could have this allergy and not even know get exposed to mycotoxins and have such a bad reaction and die literally if the allergy is bad enough ! I just don’t think its these shitty cuts in my opinion . Also i was just trying to explain why you should just dab or smoke traditional flower to avoid all this . I have a regular pen for traveling that i fill with HTE , diamonds , shatter , or crumble its better than any cart in my opinion . I used to say fake news but the death and damages are real . Its just the only thing that makes sense to me

1 Like

Please note that in the CDC report cited above the material they found in biopsies was not vitamin e, but its acetate ester. Two quite different things.
The ester is apparently used in cosmetics, where amongst other things, it has been reported to cause contact dermatitis in some individuals. No lung exposure data on this compound that I’m aware of, but I certainly wouldn’t want to vape it!

1 Like

Samples taken from the patients were also tested for plant oils, petroleum distillates like mineral oil and other potentially harmful substances, which were “notably not detected,” the C.D.C. said. The findings are being published in Friday’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

For the first time, we have detected a potential toxin of concern, vitamin E acetate, from biological samples from patients,” with lung damage linked to vaping, Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the C.D.C., said at a news briefing. The samples, she said, “provided evidence of vitamin E acetate at the primary site of injury in the lungs.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/08/health/vaping-illne

Isnt that what I said above?

1 Like

So is using my puff coffee bad idea? Since I heard they have some possible issues with the cadmium and the sodder?

1 Like