Virginia SB591 is dead for now. Watch the Senate floor clown show

The good news is SB591 is “dead” for now. Barring any weird “special session” BS, it probably won’t come back until 2023. Though I’ve heard a few signals that the governor does want to reanimate this zombie bill in special session.

If you want to watch the sausage get made:

The bills history and texts: LIS > Bill Tracking > SB591 > 2022 session

6 Likes

I am hopeful this is dead as dead can be. So sick of this bullshit.

3 Likes

I’m sad to say I think it’s going to be a zombie that just keeps coming back.

1 Like

Time to tell them to g-f themselves and move on. Too bad they couldn’t spend their time on eradicating the fentanyl that is ravishing our commonwealth.

6 Likes

Dr. Peace seems intent on using d8 as a pedestal to promote her new testing lab

5 Likes

4:20 break recess requested lmfao

1 Like

No one is ever going to use her lab. The premise is ridiculous. Disparage potential customers all over the state then ask for their business?

1 Like

Give them enough rope they’ll hang themselves.

we will continue to watch this thing pretty closely, me and many others put a lot of resources into this thing to kill it…

2 Likes

:woman_zombie: :man_zombie: :woman_zombie: :man_zombie: :woman_zombie:
Zombie whack a mole imo until they’re financially giving up.

So you can continue to sell d8 , hhc, thco acetate etc?

I was hoping it would pass and protect Virginians from all that garbage. We can grow our own real medicine here now.

1 Like

That’s like saying there is no value in other cannabinoids. Bit Ignant

I’m not against any cannabinoids.

I’m not for cbd conversions outside a pharmaceutical setting. Seems no different than research chemicals to me and the people making them are far more concerned with $ than safety.

2 Likes

Change is the only constant.
Cat. Meet mouse.

Seems the only room for change is for Pharma to come in.

Pay to Play

The market as the get more educated is going to demand accountability.

3 Likes

Youngkin’s final bill only banned D8, not the rest. The version before that banned everything including CBD products with more than 0.25mg THC per serving / 1mg per package.

Youngkin’s bill also criminalized 2 ounces to 1lb. You could get 6 months jail for possession of 2 ounces.