Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

You got any data with it yet?

1 Like

https://scottlab.com/fermentation-cellar/fining-stability/cold-mix-sparkolloid-25lb-015036?returnurl=%2Ffermentation-cellar%2Ffining-stability%2F

There is also a cold mix sparkalloid.

1 Like

First time it channeled through, as I didn’t have an even way to pack it. I was rushing to get the run going. But, that was just prior to dewax, and wanted to see if it would do anything.

I did use the portion of space in my filter plate to press celite 545 with the pvpp on top. That stuff is pretty fine BTW, celite stops it just dandy. I did notice a little bit of color reduction in the pvpp but not that much, and the celite was a little bit more “murky”, I guess.

After dewax I stacked a few plates together and pressed in the pvpp. I found a better way to pack the pvpp. But, I think I still could be more even. Then the next plate I filled mostly with the celite. Then one more with a lower filter grade.

After dewax, it definitely grabbed some color, but I can’t tell if there was significant color reduction. I can run the same material tomorrow and not use anything other than standard filtration and find out if there is a noticeable difference.

I am being reminded of when he was liking the long tube filters that @ScoobyDoobie was showing off, at least I remember him at that part of the conversation. I may have to use much more of the pvpp as I was channeling a little on certain areas. Also, my filter plates have holes which I think promotes channeling in this application. Or not pack it and have a long column to create surface area, to help with “agitation”.

First trial so far. I did see color in the pvpp. I feel it’s something that may need to be used. I haven’t given up on it.

I also want to try to do something similar to his process of stalling and letting the absorbants soak. This is something that may be key to the solution working. Then filtering through the celite, to grab the particulates. Which is also in the description of the pvpp. Also, why I am stuck in this rabbit hole. I have other absorbants I want to use besides this one.

All other “scrubs” are done with warm temperatures. I have to forget that plays a role in this method.

8 Likes

how much material are you guys running through the 6 in filter stack at whet pressure. im still wating for my stuff to arrive.

dred have you tried loose pack with pvpp?

1 Like

Yeah so it will be forced to settle like loose material pack(if I pack my bud loose ,when I opened it’s packed down), that’s where I was going a while back w the sep. Column idea, to agitate the mix, and let it “settle”…
After dewax this is done, bc he said it’s easier to grab color if less undesirables

2 Likes

i have 3 different columns to load filter powders. when they come in.

if i remember he stated not all clays and de are made the same. so that tells me he is using clay and something

and i believe he spoke about it more the oil was diluted with tane the easier it was to filter

1 Like

This is his last post on another thread I was just fixing to say I think it’s important here too:
The way the oil and the adsorbent will interact…many factors are at play like what your oil is dissolved in…butane,ethanol,pentane etc. Also I noticed the ratio of solvent to oil plays a role…using more solvent to oil ratio will allow the adsorbent to be more effective

2 Likes

He also stated carbons are different, and doesn’t use those. I am going to try clay with this recipe, too. My run was about 16-1700g this one.

@StoneD I think I might do that next. Use one of the 3" columns that I have and run through that and a longer length. That’s what I was thinking about when mentioning those Utah filters

1 Like

Seems like everyone is going the route of packing columns so I think I’m going to try to make a magnetic stirrer setup like what @Intergalactic said about 500 replies ago.
I think stalling and stirring is going to be superior for color removal because its going to allow us to manipulate the temperatures, pressures, and duration of the adsorption process and will allow us to better optimize the process.

6 Likes

i bet that would work great. i would like to achieve similar results without stalling in a dewax column or post processing

Inline? Magnetic stirrers?

I’m listening… curious

@ScoobyDoobie that sounds rad but I think we trying to achieve inline

2 Likes

No, it would be used with a jacketed closed end spool

1 Like

I hear ya, I’m in my own little world over here. :grin:

1 Like

You let me know when you’re setting that up

1 Like

I plan to make a thread about it, I’ve already got a few small motors I can use sitting around in my garage I just need to put together a gear set that will make them spin as fast as I need.
Would I gain anything by having a stirbar that can reach higher than 3000 rpm?

I reread his first few posts, he started out pretty specific then got more vague, I think the answer is in those first few, he rules out carbon but also says theres a variance in the types of carbon/clay/celite, which essentially narrows it down to bentonite and celite
So I found this useful link
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13201-015-0322-y![Screenshot_20190116-205506_Chrome|281x500](upload://j2xWh49AjAmf0DtyOJUYv2uc71Z.jpeg)
Perhaps asking more questions caused confusion from the first part, cuz later he explained it was in a buchner and he hadn’t done it inline as he was waiting on parts…
So first pass through celite to remove waxes and lipids, then “scrub” using bentonite by agitating it into solution, then filtering lastly again through celite, because “waxes will clog the pores of the adsorbant, then also will clog the celite causing pressure build up”
All done in a buchner, so to make it inline you need a stainless buchner with a cap, a sight glass would be nice and some valves and jic fittings, or the crc cartridge from @Soxhlet
Edit: it may not be bentonite but it’s used in winemaking and is a clay, so I’m making an assumption.

8 Likes

http://www.visserssales.com/Micropump/micropump_centifugal_pumps_ca.htm
CA
This pump could be used to agitate the stalled solution and would make stalling inline a viable option.
Wouldn’t need to rig up a magnetic stirrer with this.
I’m just gonna assume it’s out of my price range but maybe not for some of you.

2 Likes

I think you’re right. Look at the color in his Bucher and then look up bentonite

I was looking up bentonite before I got derailed

3 Likes

Man @Cryo13 is right !!!

He hasn’t mentioned Inline but once post and never really said he did inline…he doing manual buchner maybe even warm…says cold takes thc

Another thing @Dred_pirate. We’ve been derailed by the it comes from plant part… Check this out

Cryo said that again and he mentioned that we confused about it coming from plant, bc he was talking about the wine when saying it comes from plant, like the thc oil we making comes from plant, then referred that to wine making extracting flavor and alcohol from plant… I’m pretty sure that’s what that meant

The absorbent is NOT PLANT DERIVED!!!

Another clue!!! Fuck yeah

Here’s the post…

Click on the post he responded to by cryo

I totally missed this part!!!

I was rereading his post thinking he went in line but never did either it looks like, picture collection pot after running and dewax, then scrub through buchner

@Cryo13 if you didn’t point out he didn’t go Inline I would have never looked back!!!

3 Likes

I think the surface area of the buchner is also key, because I read somewhere, maybe this thread, that the celite gets clogged up easily and once it is then it essentially doesnt filter properly anymore, his buchner looks like its possibly 12"

2 Likes