Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

I lurk everywhere :grin: we have been messing with this for a few weeks now!

8 Likes

This site might be exactly what we need, it explains the thermodynamic properties of absorbing carotenoids, xanthophylls, and pheophythins in rice oil…

5 Likes

Ill post some pics of what I did, Gotta wait for @Indofab to send them to me. He takes lots of pictures.

3 Likes

What about performing the extraction/dewax, then going to a second vessel where you could add tonsil, pressurize the vessel with n2 gas and heat it to better allow the tonsil to absorb the carotenoids?

4 Likes

I’m sure there will be multiple ways to accomplish this, some being better at not destroying the compounds we desire to keep than others, are you thinking that pressurizing with n2 will prevent decarb, or that it will allow us to heat without the butane trying to build additional pressure? Or neither?

1 Like

What solvent did you use to wet the t5 clay to prepare the stationary phase?
Also how thick was your filter bed or did you use a packed column?

2 Likes

No solvents were used to pre make the filter cakes, I used a dry loading process where I used a 20ton press to compact the powders. The compressed powder is sandwiched between 2x 5 micron sintered stainless filters.
The bed was 6" thick on a 4x48 column.

7 Likes

Great idea I’m gonna be a copy cat.

3 Likes

yeah, do it!

3 Likes

So I wonder how did you manage to deal with the pressure fluctuation so that it didn’t ruin your filter bed?

Did you create a continuous vacuum from beneath the filter bed and then just slowly add the liquid butane?

Did you fill the column all the way up and the apply vacuum from beneath/pressure from the top of the column?

Did you cover the filter bed with SS ball bearingsto protect it?

Edit: Nevermind I re-read and saw that you sandwich your whole cake with sintered discs. Very interesting.

Edit 2: In the third question I was talking about filling the column with liquid butane after the filter bed is already made in the column, just to be clear.

So, I loaded the filter and installed it.The column was loaded with plant meterial, then a vacuum pulled on the entire thing. I then equlaized the pressure slowly through the top and bottom of the column so that the column was at the same vac level as the rest of the system. Then I chilled down the column and ran n butane -70c @ 60 psi with n2 gas . The filtration was slower than usual, but it seemed to inject all within 15 min.

9 Likes

Thank you for the wealth of information.

2 Likes

Ill be back on the trail on moday!

4 Likes

Did it lighten the color tremendously?

Exactally the same material same weight, the darker one is without t5 clay.
Thanks for texting me the pics @indofab!

9 Likes

Looks really good. Was it cured material?

1 Like

some nasty trim, by cured do you mean dryed in a garbage bag?

9 Likes

Preparing-Wine-for-Bottling-.pdf (217.3 KB)

Apparantly you can reduce the amount of bentonite you use to prepare the filter bed if you add a layer of colloidal silical gel. It acts like a staged filter where the silica gel works to trap the high molecular weight proteins before they get a chance to interact the bentonite which is more efficient at trapping the low molecular weight proteins.
Maybe its adaptable?
Edit: looks fantastic I’m really excite for this now :smiley:

4 Likes

Huh, I tryed silica 60 under the t5. You think it would work better in the reverse order?

2 Likes

That’s what the paper I uploaded is suggesting, but that deals with wine so it may not translate to what were doing. Just a thought.

1 Like