Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

Try a combination of Celite and AC. I’ve had success using activated charcoal to lighten some of my hydrocarbon extractions. I didn’t use fine powder and had packed between two paper filters. First run I did cane out almost black. Second run with the Ac it came out as a much lighter amber

not sure if fish tanks use the same type but a pet supply store might score you some carbon

2 Likes

Exactly what I used sir :ok_hand::wink:. When you buy the ac make sure to rinse it off through filters papers till no more bits are getting there the filter. I use iso soak and shake it then filter and repeat two more times until satisfied. Then let them dry out

2 Likes

Amazon for AC powder on the cheap

2 Likes

Are we back to it’s something different to remove the color, or start taking plants early?

Part the game…I know I found hundred ways not to make shatter and live before getting it!!!
Wish I’d found this place back then!

4 Likes

Fractionate the solution and refine the turds/thc with ethanol or other method then reintroduce the thc to the butane and terps

2 Likes

It’s definitely not winterization w ETOH… I’ve did that bunch… Through several filters, never lose that Golden color just makes clarity

4 Likes

But have you winterized your cold crash and mixed back into terp fraction

2 Likes

Explain what makes it different… Have you tried it… Sounds like it would do the same thing regardless if together or not…ur color coming mainly from terpenes I think

I’m really curious! :grin:

But these clear golden shatter I’ve seen and heard of didn’t taste bad

2 Likes

No. how do you do that?

Boiling points

3 Likes

I still think that tampon guy in Oregon is using a single solvent in a cls. He’s not taking it out and using etoh. He has a filtration methodology that just has to be figured out. If what @Waxplug1 is implying, it’s a filtration step. Just need to figure out what and when

9 Likes

Alright… I’m gonna throw a diptube in my collection pot so I can easily blow out the solvent mix and cold funnel it. Got my glass sitting outside in the cold… 7 degrees. I got dry ice kicking… in my funnel I’m going with celite… if I can get my lady to track down the activated charcoal I might throw that in the funnel too…
So I blast and suck the solvent out and put it in jars… let solvent chill in the jars in the ice until it’s clear… somewhere around 90 min… then filter the clear stuff off slowly like I would if winterizing…
So here the questions?
I’m hoping to suck back into my collection pot after filtering and recover the rest of the butane… would this be right thinking?
Is the ac important if it’s clear after Ice chill?

3 Likes

So stoned moment thinking about how to make this clear shatter for you all. I was thinking maybe they stall in a dewaxing spool that is a mix of ac, celite and maybe molecular sieve beads. Then open valve and recover the solution in the collection tank and then evaporate. I’ve been dying to try a combination of ac and celite after seeing results with just ac. I’m assuming the process is going to be somewhat similar to cleaning up crude for cartridges. Bvv has a video demonstrating ac by it self and then shows how much more efficient it is to use celite and ac to clean your solutions

2 Likes

Well I think he says to filter through cellite (step 1), then scrub (I’m assuming that means AC scrub, step 2), and then step 3 is to filter through cellite again. What he doesn’t say and what needs to be figured out is:

Quantity of filter material / AC
Temperature of the run
filter process (dump filter media into solution and then filter or use a column, etc)
vacuum level

considerations I have had so far: particles interfacing with cellite at what size and temperature, and what particles are responsible for the color (waxes?)

If I had to guess I would say that part of the process, aside from the dewaxing and filtering, is dedicated to bleaching or removing the color to achieve that clear effect without measureably degrading the product.

3 Likes

do tell a little more please?

Everything sounds good but you’re missing the part about cleaning up the cold crash. Might take longer than 90 min to create a good cold crash and a good cold crash depends on saturation level. Solution should no longer be cloudy when siphoning the terp layer

1 Like

It’s crashing. about half the jar is clear half merky af and about I 1/4 of dark on the bottom…gonna let her crash some moe…

1 Like

In butane

The original guy we’re trying to, I guess “mimic”, does claim to be getting extremely low yields. So he definitely is dewaxing and filtering something other than that. He does go on about “passes”, as well when he is mentioning his process. I’m thinking he may be passing warm solvent with extract through celite and into a dewax chamber. And maybe in his dewax chamber with some scrubbies for surface area he has the AC in there and then possibly celite is stacked in his filters. If I had an abundance of both laying around and the biomass to experiment with, I would try it next week.

4 Likes