Verified Consultants

Why not put it to a vote? See if the forum wants this service democracticly. If theres a huge demand for the service then the forum should determine that by popular opinion no?

Edit: to clarify I mean a vote on whether to have a verified consultant feature, not a vote on individuals credibility

2 Likes

That would be ideal. GLG site could definitely list all their verified consultants seeing as how your doing it theough the GLG now :handshake:

Keep it off the forum and make it easier for folks to find who theyre looking for. Still the rating system is a good a idea, so are detailed consultant profiles that list strengths and areas of expertise. All could be held on GLG site.

1 Like

Ideally it’d be mutually generated between the consultant and client at the beginning of an engagement that began through F4200, to avoid solely positive reviews from selected past clients - which would basically just be submitting references 2x.

2 Likes

But I’m not a GLG member, I don’t think payment should be a barrier of entry if you’re the one offering help.

2 Likes

You are welcome to offer your help for free. Or build a website and host your services there as well.

5 Likes

The rolodex will be free to view and use, and will be hosted on the GLG site. Only GLG members will be eligible, but that will include Guild members, which is gonna be somewhere around $100/year.

After we get everything working smoothly there, I’ll reintroduce the consultant subtitle here in some form

13 Likes

That’s a good point, GLG doesn’t have to be the only resource. I definitely dont have all the answers and would love to hear other suggestions. My overall point is just to keep this forum focused on the discussion and exchange of ideas in regards to the industry in an open source format.

6 Likes

How can I sell seeds or hemp if I can’t get verified

Verified consultant is not the same thing as a Verified Slanger. Hit up future for verification.

5 Likes

I agree with you 100% I’ve been “consulting” on hydrocarbon extraction and post processing for 3 years now and have done many jobs where the company had just had a so called “consultant” come in and just resold / re-branded someones SOP using pseudo-science to sell they’re ideas. when my clients ask me something I don’t know (not being a chemist) I first tell them I don’t know but will contact someone more qualified to answer they’re question (ex. a chemist) rather than make something up that sounds good. PS I’ve also never advertised my services (word of mouth goes a long way) and am as busy as can be doing 12-15 week long consults a year. And just a word of advice for people on here wanting to be a consultant, just because you can make extracts doesn’t mean you can teach other people to make extract. In my eyes a consultant is just as much a teacher as a support for companies / people when they need help, it is not a “look how cool I am job.”.

That awkward moment when you go into that big job interview and when they ask you about your experience you look them dead in the eye and tell them with an authoritative tone that you are a verified future4200 consultant.

The room goes quiet and you assume that they are having a moment of reverence for the million megaton clout bomb you just dropped on them, then the HR lady asks “what’s future4200?”

Weirdly they never call you back for a 2nd interview.

8 Likes

:joy:
Fact is most of what we are doing a select few has been dooing years ahead of us
Real PhD kinda boy s
But at the same time I think this forum is
Still ahead of most and defenatly a think tank
Even thou who ever is ahead of us only interest is patents and more of that legal crap

6 Likes