Verbenyl olivetol

Does anyone know what this stuff actually is? I found a paper on how to convert it to delta 8, but cant find any info on verbenyl olivetol itself. I wanted to try to synthesis d8 from verbenyl olivetol and convert it to d9.

3 Likes

I see a party pooper dropping hints here

2 Likes

Just buy olivetol. It’s like $100 for 5 grams. You will spend more money and waste time trying to synthesize it.

2 Likes

What do you think he will do?

• Scrape trees
  • Buy a precursor

0 voters

7 Likes

The problem for THC is I can get 10 grams for the same 100 bucks. For minor cannabs like CBG, it’s worth it. For THC and CBD, just use the plant as the source.

A comparable industry(though I doubt anyone would admit it) is opioid manufacture. We can make all the prescribed medications fully synthetically as well as with transgenic microorganisms. That doesn’t happen in practice, as it’s way easier to extract compounds directly or precursors for semisynthetics with way less steps. For biomass, they let the pods dry in field and cut em like grass. The content is on .1-.5 which is much lower then we see in Cannabis.

The point is, if they see more financial viability in a plant with .1-.5% active compound over synthesis and transgenics, why would cannabis, which can excrete 25%+ active compound, be a better suit for those methodologies?

10 Likes

I’ve been looking for ways to convert cannabinoids to different things because of the shortage of THC biomass going on in CA. If I can buy cbd crude for cheap enough I can make a ton of money converting it into delta 8 as I have alot of customers who like the medical benefits of delta 8 and will buy it for much more then cbd. I googled olivetol and verbenyl olivetol before I made this post and found nothing for sale, which is why I made this post.

1 Like

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/olivetol-5g/501578168#?keyword=Olivetol

2 Likes

3500 a kilo so it says online…

Wouldnt you be adding quite a bit of mass to that kilo with the conversions so it could actually become more than a kilo of thc? If you can buy it for that cheap I bet they’re synthesizing it for cheap. Idk I’m just trying to think outside the box.

1 Like

Thinking outside the box would be starting a lichen farm

7 Likes

You are relying on several steps though. What’s more important, time or money?

5 Likes

I actually looked into that but it grows too slow

If you dont have a source for material then you have time

3 Likes

China source :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

This aged well.

3 Likes

What’d he end up doing?

2 Likes