Venting SPD vacuum pump

I have an edwards E2M30 with an EMF20 oil mist filter. I want to attach some tubing from the outlet on the mist filter and run it into the exhaust via a a kf25 to large house barb adapter. Does anyone do this? I just wonder if this would create issues with back pressure?

1 Like

Yes I do this nearly everywhere I go. You can buy the parts on idealvac.com. it’s best to plumb it into some sort of active exhaust fan/ducting. I’d keep it at it’s exhaust diameter all the way from the pump to the active exhaust housing. You can even just port it into the side of a carbon scrubber and it makes a world of difference in the room

2 Likes

Awesome thank you! Do you have any advice on the easiest way to match the diameter of the KF25 outlet? I use KF25 bellows hose to connect the pump to cold trap, but that stuff is pretty expensive and I need to run it about 15-20 ft to the exhaust duct.

EDIT: I see ideal vacs has kf25 flanged pvc hose that’s not too bad price wise.

1 Like

You wont have any issues or noticeable loss of vac, even without an active exhaust (but that’s a good idea to help sweep things along).
They make kf25 to barb, and you can use any hose or ducting you want. Just be aware of explosive/flammable solvents pooling.
https://cascadesciences.com/shop/ovens/vacuum-oven/vacuum/vacuum-pump-accessories/connection-hardware/kf-25-flange-to-1-barb-vacuum-connection/

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you!