Vapor assist and fresh frozen

Ok so I’ve only run fresh frozen nugs/trim a handful of times and hate it every time. The yields suck, gotta worry about it thawing and going bad, worry about water getting into your system or even worse into the product, etc…
I started freeze drying any fresh frozen we got but that’s not an option right now. I have some fresh frozen to run and maybe 2 times of of the 10 I had run fresh frozen I did get water into my final product.
I assumed it was from using vapor assist to push my solvent and the material started to thaw inside the column from the vapor assist and dripped some water into the collection. But told that theory to a buddy and he said no way. And like the other 8 or so times I ran fresh frozen vapor assist was fine…what do you guys think? Thanks

1 Like

Following this cause I suck at fresh frozen too.

2 Likes

Dry then freeze. FF is over rated/hyped.

3 Likes

You can put mol sieve or alumina below your column to catch water

2 Likes

I’m gonna crc it and I use alumina. I knew media will pick up water. But alumina specifically catches moisture?

3 Likes

PREFREEZE ON DRY ICE COUPLE HRS PRIOR TO LOADING
The material will become dry(like) and brittle. Freeze that water up solid then run dry ice cold solvent

4 Likes

I thought aa was like 3a and needed vapor state to trap moisture?

1 Like

I run mostly fresh frozen and it’s all about how you prep it. and your procedure for running it. I have posted this a bunch but here you go. Freeze your material quickly after harvest. i take one plant down at a time and it only takes 10-15 mins before it’s in the freezer. I let it freeze for at least 2 days before packing. I pack my tubes with material and then place them in the freezer the day before running. pull vac on your system and have your injection coil cold and loaded. vac down your collection and when your ready put your tube on your system vac it down and inject. Soak for whatever amount of time you desire and then dump. you shouldn’t have any moisture in your gas or concentrate doing things this way.

14 Likes

I haven’t been running sieves. Based on your experiences.

No issues yet!

So your saying dry frozen material is better than freshly cut frozen material?

What’s your soak times? I usually don’t soak long for FF runs, I figure the faster and colder the better.

1 Like

I know you weren’t talking to me but…

I soak for 15 minutes with 20lbs of gas, then push through another 20-25lbs.

1 Like

That’s forsure getting all the oil out of that source material. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

from injection to dump I do 5 mins total

2 Likes

Fresh frozen is better terp wise then any dry

4 Likes

Seems like a long soak. Dry ice sleeved?

Wasn’t frozen right . Try liquid nitrogen. Will prevent the water probs from occurring

Yeah. If I don’t fill the sleeve with a slurry I blast straight threw

1 Like