Vape Carts: Nano Ceramic Atomizer vs Fiber Wick?

Hi all,
I’m Blick, and I’m a journalist based in the DC area. I learned about this forum from gobstopp, who is an active member in a Discord I run for DMV cannabis enthusiasts, and I’ve been following his work developing his line of carts for close to a year. I’m currently in the process of writing an article about cart hardware and the overall design flaws of the CCell style fiber wick hardware as well as explaining the new wave of wickless heating elements we’re seeing in products like QBD’s G-Cell carts. My understanding to date is that the fiber wicks and ceramic heating elements burn out from regular use, which is a huge sacrifice in flavor and longevity. In testing the Kung Fu Vapes Sirius pod, I found better flavor and smoother burn, and found there are many other carts like this, such as hardware designed with Smoore’s FEELM line of atomizers. I’ve also heard there are concerns of inhaling ceramic particulates from atomizer parts breaking off. What are the validity of these claims? For those who have R&D’d both styles of heating element, which did you choose and why? Which do you prefer based on performance alone? What direction do you think carts are headed in in the future? Thanks for all answers!

2 Likes

good questions

1 Like