Value of CBC

Hi all. I recently talked to someone about making structural changes to the CBD/ THC scaffold. My question is how valuable is CBC. I haven’t seen much about it, but people seem to want access to it. By access, I mean either isolating from plant material or synthesizing it in a large scale. I recently found a paper from 2013 that reports access to CBC with readily available starting materials.

1 Like

I would say very valuable once the marketplace understands its properties. If you poke around at research papers you will see findings showing high anti-inflammatory properties among other things. That being said, it may not be as economical to produce compared to CBD which can be easily manufactured in large quantities.

Yeah I found a procedure that makes CBC from readily available starting materials…it just takes 4 days for the reaction to reach completion.

CBC synthase has been cloned and expressed in a heterologous system.

1 Like

It seems @Shadownaught got a fairly decent conversion to CBC on accident attempting to make CBN. If it can be created using CBD as a precursor, I’d definitely be interested. Seems like the market demand for it is rising fast, as we’ve had a few requests in the last few weeks. Regardless, I’d definitely be interested in your consulting services for more niche cannabinoids like this once we start getting some revenue flowing. With the way market saturation is going in the CBD industry, it seems chasing other cannabinoids is the way to go. And from what I’ve seen on this forum, it looks like you’re the guy to talk to about this.

1 Like

I am very interested in accessing CBN, CBC, CBG, and CBDV using traditional synthetic methods. I am also interested in modifying the structure of CBD to see how it affects consumption and bioavailability. The plants do not produce these in high quantity so accessing them from the synthetic route is best. These molecules are all reported and the procedures can be replicated. Just need the right chemist and enough funds to do it.

5 Likes