vacuum handle stuck, UPDATE: Won't hold vacuum

Okay so my AI Accutemp Oven is experiencing vacuum handle issues. It’s not turning. Do you guys think I should open her up and see if the knob is stripped on the inside?

1 Like

Yes.

(5 characters required!!)

5 Likes

Thank You

How?..

2 Likes

:thinking:

Haven’t got one in front of me.
Guessing it’s the bottom one?
It’s been a while.

Two bits I can’t see that I need to…

Back of the valves, and behind the handles on the front face.

I would guess a setscrew in the side of the handle, and that that might be your entire issue. Loosen it (or tighten it and call it done) and the handle should could come off.

There should then be a nut that secured the valve to the oven. Remove that, and disconnect whatever is in back.

You know have a valve you can replace… or rehab.

IF it wasn’t just a lose setscrew

It’s totally not the setscrew

How about those missing pictures then?

Okay so my dad helped me out and we found out there’s a loose piece shaking in this tee but the handle is welded in or stuck.

So would I hit up across international for this part.

1 Like

UPDATE: We replaced everything and now the issue is it wont hold a vacuum, AI eventually said it could be the glass, so we asked for a quote to send it in.

My question is would it even be worth sending it back, or should I list it for sale for parts on EBay?

Guess that would depend on the price quote

They said 250-400 to send it in and they haven’t given a quote for how much it would be to fix it.

I’ve only.had it for 3 years and it won’t hold a vac.

I guess I would sell.it for 650-750 and see what it would be to ship it and charge you half for.shipping. Though I’m not sure if I’m selling it yet.

I’m having the same issues on the same oven… the vacuum valve screws out of the tee. It appears mine is leaking from the stainless line at the back where it connects to the kf flange. Don’t have time to tinker today. I’ll let you know what I find tomorrow.

Might be the perfect time to dip your toes into some DIY repairs :slight_smile: if you’ve got a bit of downtime during your days it might just be faster and considerably more cost effective to read up on repairs and visit YouTube University.

Lord knows any entrepreneur will save a ton of time $$ and headache if they can figure out how to “do it my gaddam self”.

2 Likes

Check all your compressions fittings. All the nuts. . Usually the problem. you could always take your gasket off and wipe it out and maybee wash the gasket so you dont get lint all over it.

I just refurbed an old vacuum oven and I replaced all of the plumbing. Since I use a digital gauge I unhooked the gauge (even though its a badass analog), since I have a valve from the vac I don’t need a 2nd (just a potential problem and extra connection), and I added in my own vent valve with a filter on it (love bestvaluevacs for those).

25$ in hardware and some teflon tape and you could be in business…

1 Like

Have you replaced the glass gasket??

No. @ this point I have been offered a different oven. So I think I might put the AI one up for sale like I said @ most 750$ and I’ll charge half the shipping.

I’ll most likely be putting my oven up for sale after I get the one I was offered.

1 Like